are to be mailed today.
I was also told these displacements are for the month of June. It is never
official until the company makes an announcement so all that I can say is
that I feel very confident it will probably be very close to what I had
projected in earlier elines. I would like to guess how far the
displacements will go with seniority, but the math got real fuzzy with all
the leaves. My best guess is the early part of 1989. It could be Jan.,
Feb, March, or April. The number for displacements may appear larger because
it will be inclusive of VF and VFLR flight attendants.
I will try to provide a list of hotels and apartments at the various
domiciles should someone be in need of that information. We have also
requested trips sheets from other bases to be sent to PIT.

It saddens me to have anyone leave PIT. If you receive a letter in the next
few days I wish you the best of luck in your new base and I want to thank
you for your professionalism,your friendship and your support.

In unity,

Mark

the unoffical numbers:

PITTSBURGH

Total number is 125, with 80 (being) active flight attendants.

CHARLOTTE

Depending on where PIT f/a go.....
64 with 40 being active.

Well, the displacement was announced on CATS today (Thursday) with the 125 most junior from PIT and 67 most junior from CLT like Mark's letter stated. Still keeping in mind that this includes inactive as they must go as far back to get their active BODY count.

As a commuter from PIT to PHL I highly recommend going to CLT or DCA. The commute IS HORRIBLE. Most of the flights are RJs (no extra jumpseat). It is nearly impossible to get out on a weekend. If you are lucky enough to get out, you must have spent the whole day at the airport. If you don't get out before 3:00 pm during the week, you might as well hang it up until the 8:00 pm flight.

Although I would love to work with many of my fellow flight attendants from PIT again, think really hard before you decide on PHL. :(

Well, the displacement was announced on CATS today (Thursday) with the 125 most junior from PIT and 67 most junior from CLT like Mark's letter stated. Still keeping in mind that this includes inactive as they must go as far back to get their active BODY count.

As a commuter from PIT to PHL I highly recommend going to CLT or DCA. The commute IS HORRIBLE. Most of the flights are RJs (no extra jumpseat). It is nearly impossible to get out on a weekend. If you are lucky enough to get out, you must have spent the whole day at the airport. If you don't get out before 3:00 pm during the week, you might as well hang it up until the 8:00 pm flight.

Although I would love to work with many of my fellow flight attendants from PIT again, think really hard before you decide on PHL. :(

WELL thats one opinion,

you can hold a block in phl, clt will be reserve......

you will be the senior commuter to phl

clt last flight is a 5 pm......usually before sceduling is done.

flts are limited clt-pit 7 am then nothing till 3pm...mix of 737 and e-170 with an occasional ab/757

5 hr drive to phl...swa flys pit-phl with high freq.

just some more to think about

you will be the senior commuter to phl

Well, that is right now. Once the first come first comes into play "it ain't gonna do squat".

We all know we are going to lose this one. We took other seniority, they aren't going to give us this one.

Well, that is right now. Once the first come first comes into play "it ain't gonna do squat".

We all know we are going to lose this one. We took other seniority, they aren't going to give us this one.

What happens if two f/as get their at the exact same time on the 'first come/first serve' basis?

What happens if two f/as get their at the exact same time on the 'first come/first serve' basis?

You apparently don't commute out of PHL. The "senior international mamas" show up at the last minute. If they get their at the same time, then it will still be whomever checks in first then. If you are in line ahead of me, you get it first.

I hope I am wrong on losing this battle, but I have a feeling we are toast on this one.

So it goes by how old you are???

Nobody knows. It is all speculation at this point.
I feel that if (and that is an if) it goes first come first serve, it doesn't matter.

Like the example before... the first on in line is the first one to check and therefore the first one on....hence...."first come first serve". I dunno????

Nobody knows. It is all speculation at this point.
I feel that if (and that is an if) it goes first come first serve, it doesn't matter.

Like the example before... the first on in line is the first one to check and therefore the first one on....hence...."first come first serve". I dunno????

So, I have to ask, do you as a non-rev just line up at the podium when no one is there? For let's say 1 hour before...just standing there. What if there is a huge line of non-revs, where do the pax stand when boarding. Does one get out of line, so the pax can board? How would you keep your place?

Geezus, how comical.

Past policy at AWA for jumpseat travel has been first come/first serve beginning 1 hour prior to scheduled departure at the gate. IF two flight attendants are first at the gate, arriving at the same time, then the deciding factor is Company DOH.

Ooooh, the age thing would be disastrous!!!

Gate agent..."OH MY GOD! You're HOW OLD??" :shock:

The only fair solution here is the use of Universal Time via the Atomic clock to establish the one hour mark. Technology advances have made Atomic watches affordable for the masses. They can even be found in our very own shopping magazine or Sharper Image catalogs.

So it goes by how old you are???

I guess birthday would count, like during initial trainin

The only fair solution here is the use of Universal Time via the Atomic clock to establish the one hour mark. Technology advances have made Atomic watches affordable for the masses. They can even be found in our very own shopping magazine or Sharper Image catalogs.

Look at the clock on your GPS enabled cell phone (like Sprint), or the clock in an Airbus cockpit.

Latest posts