Distressed Airline Industry

D

deano

It just never ends, unless you choose to end it yourself. Reading such articles shows how bleak the future for U and it's employees actually is. It shows that U is really doomed, that management is only exploiting the employees fears for strictly personal and selfish reasons, that management simply couldn't care less about the employees. Hell, they are telling you if you don’t like it, leave. There are just too many obstacles in front of U for any future with an extraordinary amount of that impedance being a management team who isn't managing people towards success. My prediction is extinction for U. God help the employees endure no matter U's fate.

Curt

article

I'll give you one reason for the publics percieved value of air travel being lowered. What do people and businesses spend a greater share of thier discretionary funds on now verses ten years ago? Technology products. For individuals its $100 to $200 per month, businesses - $500 to $1000 per month plus, times 12 months. Thats taken so much from the air travel piece of the pie. It's not any airline workers fault, we know the valu of our product. The general public is naive and values thier gadgets over aviation. I was a mechanic for UAIR for 16 years and now I work for one of the leading gadget companies in the country for more money and better benefits. I still believe aviation is a far greater endeaver than all the crap society values today. I continue to enjoy aviation on a personal basis and maybe when the public becomes enlightened to the real value of conquering lower space, I will return in glory! Yee Haa!

CapnCockroach said:
Wow. I must have read a different article. That's not what I read at all. :down:
[post="234491"][/post]​
Can you say D_E_N_I_AL...don’t feel bad, it's a built in safety mechanism least you lose your sanity.

nycbusdriver said:
I agree. I don't see much of what deano says in the article he cites, but I do agree totally with his sentiments.
[post="234505"][/post]​
Gee...lets see, fuel is high, the majors are all looking at every cent spent, fares are rock bottom with the walmarting of the airline industry well under way.

U is begging employees, "with the courts help" and lenders for "one more chance" to make it work, even asking employees who don't want to join the party, to quit.

I'd say U is history and that article only reinforces that outlook given the industries realities and the fact employees have already reached their lowest common denominator, all except fly child and a few others who think the Peace Corps pays too much.

Good Luck People, mean it!

Curt

SKY HIGH said:
deano said:
Gee...

I'd say U is history and.............

YADDA, YADDA, YADDA...............HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GONNA REMIND US OF THAT?
[post="234532"][/post]​
How many times are you going to read it?

I've been furloughed for almost five years from UAIR. Even though I've done well in my new career there was always a faint hope that UAIR would come back to its previous stature. This hope is now gone and UAIR is now hopeless in many of its long ago furloughed employees eyes. What I see now is an airline that is completely alien to the one I was once proud to work for. In this sense I'm glad I got out When I did. To all you people who still have hope for UAIR, you might as well put on the blue vest with the smiley face now. Those with the courage, you will not only survive but will excell.