Dividend Miles Changes

Liberty805

May 23, 2006
I know that both airlines were struggling financially, but did they really have to alter the ff program so drastically? I love how they reduce all the tangible benefits, then give back something completely meaningless, and act like they are "improving" the program. HA!

They elimintated the old US 20,000 off season doemstic award.

They have cut in half the bonus miles earned with preferred status. They tout this new "Platinum Level" like its some great new gift, but anyone who qualifies is seeing their bonus miles reduced from 100% to 75%. Some gift.

The new 25,000 mile saver award is next to impossible to book. I used to have no problem finding available dates for flights from PHL to either LAX or SFO, but looking at the new website, there's just a smattering of available dates between now and next March. The Saver award is worthless.

And now I find out I can no longer book a saver award and then fly standby on any date. This was a great feature of the old DM program because it actually gave some flexibility on the 25,000 mile awards. Under the new program they only allow standby for the actual date ticketed and then only on earlier flights and even then only with payment of a $25 fee.

I'm stuck here in Philly with little choice. I've started booking flights on WN, but can't say I'm a fan of that airline either.

ARGH!

This is old news...you think you are irritated now, you wait until you see the changes that will be announced in the next few weeks...

This is the NEW and improved US Airways. Or do they mean the new and improved HP? Oh and their new Club at LAX don't forget! Oh wait, we closed for a few months and re-opened it and now we can say it's new? How about re-opening MCO!

This will N-O-T happen. US decided to close this club after Hurricane Charley because the damage was so extensive. I was in MCO 3 days post Charley and it truly was a mess. I'm not surprised that it simply became an insurance write off. It sucks but there truly was good reason to do this.
How about:
-Reopening the old HP CMH club?

-Taking over the old AA SEA club?

-Taking over the old DL CRC in the "E" Satellite where the new US is supposedly moving later this year at DFW. Nah. This would make too much sense.

I understand that US Airways wanted to lease the CRC E-satellite club, but that DFW Airport Authority refused, because they want to use that space for some airport purpose.

Another great monument to DFW stupidity :down: :rolleyes:

I keep hearing different things about this. I am not too convinced this is the case for the satellite club, or maybe any club.

Relating to DFW though, I spoke with one of the agents today, and he said they will be moving in July. I asked him where in E they would be going, and his answer was to the extent of "35 to 38", although he didn't seem so sure about the gates when he said it. Anybody else here any more news about the DFW move?