Dl Announces New Tlh Service

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
DL announced today they will begin serving TLH-TPA nonstop. DL currently offers nonstops from TLH to the following Florida cities: MCO, PBI, FLL, MIA. AirTran was the only carrier offering nonstops between TLH and TPA. Now that AirTran is getting rid of the regional jets do you think they will cede this market to DL? Don't think there is enough passengers for both to fly the route.

I wouldn't be surprised if FL abandons this route. I think Airtran can make more money with their 717's on other routes. Unless TLH keeps up heavy subsidies, I think FL will bail.

DL's launch on this route might be the final straw as DL can skim off some of Airtran's current customers.

I agree, but just to clarify AirTran does not receive any money from the city or state to fly into TLh anymore. That stopped last year when AirTran said they no longer needed the money.

New post JetConnect schedule has been loaded. To my surprise, AirTran will offer 3 717s daily between TLH and TPA. They will also offer 2 daily 717s to ATL. Currently they run 4 CRJs to both destinations. Should be interesting to see how the TLH-TPA market shakes out.

Also looks like every CRJ route currently flown will continue with less frequency. Good news for a lot of smaller cities.

Latest posts