DL drops Monrovia (ROB) service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had doubts about that one surviving. I thought the ties to AFKL would help, but apparently not.

bingo... this is an example where a shared headquarters between DL and the CDC in Atlanta comes in esp. handy.

If it is more disease related than other factors, chances are it can be resolved in time and service restarted. Given that there are other factors, it is hard to know how each intertwines with the others.

who said they would? having the CDC a half hour from the airport and DL's headquarters hardly means DL is carrying patients.

BTW, for the sake of the many people who are affected by the disease, I don't really care who helps or gets credit just that the disease is stopped and those who are infected are treated as best as medicine can give them.

WorldTraveler said:
bingo... this is an example where a shared headquarters between DL and the CDC in Atlanta comes in esp. handy.

WorldTraveler said:
who said they would? having the CDC a half hour from the airport and DL's headquarters hardly means DL is carrying patients.

What is then the advantage of the CDC and DL being in ATL?  Can you please explain?  What does this advantage of a shared hdq. in ATL exactly mean?

You made it sound like it was great because DL can carry the Ebola infected persons for treatment to CDC - which is another example of you definitely not grasping what you're talking about (when it comes to infectious disease such as Ebola).

The only advantage I see is that the CDC personell doesn't have to make that many connections travelling to God-foresaken third world countries thanks to non-stop service on DL via ATL or JFK.

I'm actually curious as to what the opinion of DL employees is regarding DL servicce to many 3rd world (exotic?) destinations and how do DL employees feel about working those flights?

Reactions: 3 people
our LOS crew has finally been given gloves and masks. and of course
everyone has to have their temparature checked before boarding.   
I hope our ROB crew has been given the same.  Haven't heard yet.
p.s I'd rather work TLV than do these flights

WorldTraveler said:
If instantaneous communication around the globe were not yet possible, then having the headquarters of Delta and the CDC would matter.    But since the interwebs have been invented, and satellites link most corners of the planet, it doesn't matter where the CDC is located.   

You might as well have said that United Airlines has some advantage with airplane design and maintenance issues given that it and Boeing are now headquartered in the same city, Chicago.   

In short, your comment, which I quoted above, was incredibly dumb.   But given your history, I'm certain you won't admit that.   Everyone makes stupid comments occasionally - this was a doozy.   

Reactions: 5 people
the only "dumbness" comes from not bothering to do even the most basic research to realize that DL and the CDC to indeed cooperate on key issues to the benefit of both.

No one said it was an exclusive relationship or that DL guards the knowledge it gains.

You clearly have no idea about the joint influence of both the CDC and DL in ATL.

I'm sure UA and Boeing cooperate as well as a result of their partnership.

I don't doubt that they cooperate extensively (nor do I doubt that UA and Boeing cooperate as well).   My point was that geographic proximity has ZERO to do with that cooperation.    DL and the CDC would work closely and cooperate even if the CDC were located in Yakima instead of Atlanta.

I was certainly right - you won't own up to making a stupid comment.   

Reactions: 6 people
and you won't admit that geographic proximity DOES provide the ability to have a level of cooperation that distance and even airplane trips can't quite match.

I'm sure you are looking for something to be right about after my network predictions for AA playing out pretty close to spot on... if it makes you feel better to think that DL and the CDC have as good of a relationship as AA, go for it.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
I'm actually curious as to what the opinion of DL employees is regarding DL servicce to many 3rd world (exotic?) destinations
I guess a large network is nice, but in cases like this, not worth it (and that's even before taking Ebola into account)...

and how do DL employees feel about working those flights?
My opinion would be "NFW," but I'm not an F/A...

BABABOOY said:
p.s I'd rather work TLV than do these flights
I think I would too...

Status
Not open for further replies.