DL rebrands, alters onboard services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
Looks like the BusinessElite brand/name is going away. Also glad to see DL will back down on marketing JFK-SEA as BE/DeltaOne.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Seems awfully confusing to me. You'll have Y+, Y, and Y- offerings which are all in the same basic cabin until at least 2016 when Deltamatic can finally handle a sub cabin.

I see the "no overhead bin for you!" thing being a disaster for the FA's to enforce.

Seems awfully confusing to me. You'll have Y+, Y, and Y- offerings which are all in the same basic cabin until at least 2016 when Deltamatic can finally handle a sub cabin.

I see the "no overhead bin for you!" thing being a disaster for the FA's to enforce.
it happens right now.

the difference is that DL is changing the boarding procedure so that Economy Basic passengers are always boarded last. Given that DL automatically cuts off allowing roller boards on the aircraft at an established point in the boarding process to avoid dragging bags back up the aisle, the chances are high that the FAs will never have to say NO to an economy basic passenger but instead will be able to accommodate other passengers, esp. sicne DL is adding even larger overhead bins on most of its domestic fleet.

WorldTraveler said:
Given that DL automatically cuts off allowing roller boards on the aircraft at an established point in the boarding process to avoid dragging bags back up the aisle...
That doesn't automatically happen, and the swimming back upstream happens all the time.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll refer you to ACS admin in ATL to figure out how to fix the problem.

it isn't hard for a gate agent to decide to stop allowing rollerboards on at a pre-determined point - or better yet to coordinate with the FAs at some point to verify how much space is left.

dragging bags back up the aisle is a horribly inefficient and annoying process for everyone.

And local procedures likely will not be able to modify when Economy basic passegners board

WorldTraveler said:
dragging bags back up the aisle is a horribly inefficient and annoying process for everyone.
Yes it is. Still happens all the time, no matter what policies are put in place and/or attempted to be enforced. Too many people simply think they don't apply to them.

...And we're not even touching the specter of how any of this will (or won't translate) at the Airlink DCI carriers.

again, DL has been tagging bags at the boarding decade since before you ever graced the earth with your presence.

properly trained gate agents -which you are not - know how to handle the situation.

If flights are being delayed because of bags being dragged down the jetway that won't fit, then someone isn't doing their job.

and DCI carriers are even easier to deal with because bags above a certain size on CRJ derived aircraft are checked at the boarding door.

WorldTraveler said:
again, DL has been tagging bags at the boarding decade since before you ever graced the earth with your presence.

properly trained gate agents -which you are not - know how to handle the situation.
No one said they didn't... But they also don't control human nature, either...

If flights are being delayed because of bags being dragged down the jetway that won't fit, then someone isn't doing their job.
I agree, though IMO, it starts in the G.O.

and DCI carriers are even easier to deal with because bags above a certain size on CRJ derived aircraft are checked at the boarding door.
Not on an E70/75... And I wasn't even thinking if that; I was thinking of the differing policies between individual carriers, and how that inconsistency could be aggravated with these new changes.

the GO has policies for the whole company... I have seen them work and I have seen them inconsistently applied and I have seen them applied to the letter with no flexibility.

you can't blame the GO if individual cities don't follow the procedures that have been given to them by the GO to manage baggage - and that does include saying NO.

any person who has ever successfully worked with the public - and even parents - have figured out to do it.

WorldTraveler said:
you can't blame the GO if individual cities don't follow the procedures that have been given to them by the GO to manage baggage - and that does include saying NO.
Individual cities...entire carriers...

And yeah; it starts with the GO...

of course it does.

I'll send your name into the GO and ask them to get with you on how to follow DL's carry-on baggage procedures since it seems such a difficult concept for you to understand, otay?

Read about "basic economy" and the no refunds, no changes policy.  So what if I have one of these super fares and the day of the flight comes and I'm puking my guts up and running a fever.  I'd be willing to pay the change fee to take a different flight.  How strict will "no changes" be enforced?  Or should we expect to be flying next to really sick people?  

I know their previous policy was that a ticket could only be used by the person named on the ticket.  My dad found out he had cancer before leaving for a family reunion and couldn't use the tickets.  He died a few months later, and wasn't able to use the tickets.  We had hoped to be able to fly someone to the funeral using his ticket, but couldn't because it was only valid for the person named on the ticket.  I seriously thought about having the body flown back to Virginia in the passenger cabin of a Delta jet. After all...his name was on the ticket. 

Status
Not open for further replies.