DM & conflicting preferreds UG procedures

jerseyfinn

Senior
Mar 19, 2006
NJ USA
Visit site
There's been some discussion over on Flyer Talk about DM UG procedures in 2007 in this FT thread. There's an impression by some folks that merging SABRE into SHARES also means that the DM preferred UG procedure will transition across the board into the HP protocol which differs from the present East protocol found on this US Air link about preferred upgrades.

The point of contention which is ( unnecessarily? ) rattling some FTers ( quoting from the US web site ) is that " Upgrades from all other fares booked on US Airways or US Airways codeshares are prioritized by Preferred level and, within each Preferred level, by booking date and time". Contrast this to HP bookings which says "Upgrades from all other fares booked as an America West or America West codeshare are prioritized by Preferred level and, within each Preferred level, by previous flight activity".

So the question is: what's up in 2007 regarding preferred UG policy? Will the new unified airline 2007 policy reflect the HP or the US flavor? And when might all of this be implemented?

It looks to me as if the HP view should prevail ( by preferred level & by previous flight activity ). How else to distinguish between an elite who earns their miles and status by buying a seat and actually flying US versus someone who opted for the FTD everything counts approach? I myself am willing to play UG roulette against other flying elites, but not the flower power children.

Just looking for any clarification from someone who's up on the latest with DM.

Thanks,

Barry

Sounds like a DOH or time of check in question. You should get answer within a year. In the meantime feel free to use board MO. State you views and rip anyone who doesn't agree. :up: