Do We All Share Equally In Aa's Cutbacks?

AAquila

Senior
Sep 22, 2002
There is a simple but undeniable fact omitted here, that is not everyone shared equally in AA most recent cutbacks. That fact is that New York, is as a recent 2/08/05 New York Times newspaper article points out, "spending among NY'ers rose 4.3%, while price inflation went up 5.5%.....this is the opposite pattern from most of the country. Economist say that when inflation goes up faster than spending, it indicates that consumers find it difficult to keep up with rising prices, "Basically, " NY is getting too expensive," the article includes.

There are those of you that might say, ALA Gerald Ford, " the hell with NY ", but what does that do for AA's future European and Asian expansion? JFK is the linchpin for AA's survival.

AA's Unions do not provide for these regional economic changes in their contracts, do you think they should?

AAquila said:
There is a simple but undeniable fact omitted here, that is not everyone shared equally in AA most recent cutbacks. That fact is that New York, is as a recent 2/08/05 New York Times newspaper article points out, "spending among NY'ers rose 4.3%, while price inflation went up 5.5%.....this is the opposite pattern from most of the country. Economist say that when inflation goes up faster than spending, it indicates that consumers find it difficult to keep up with rising prices, "Basically, " NY is getting too expensive," the article includes.

There are those of you that might say, ALA Gerald Ford, " the hell with NY ", but what does that do for AA's future European and Asian expansion? JFK is the linchpin for AA's survival.
AA's Unions do not provide for these regional economic changes in their contracts, do you think they should?
[post="246874"][/post]​

But the TWU headquarters in NYC made sure all their leaders get raises and retirement cost of living adjustments.

The TWU has ensured that Little and the boys are taken care of.

AAquila said:
[post="246874"][/post]​

Hell No!!! I think the company should pay me extra for having to live in a S--t hole like Tulsa!

AAquila said:
[post="246874"][/post]​

Not entirely true -- Article 4 of the FS contract allowed for flexible starting rates of pay. I'll assume that it's still in the revised contract.

Granted, that only impacts starting rates of pay, but the provision is still there for new hires if necessary.

According to Jim Little and the "independent" analysis the TWU paid to have done.

The shared sacrifice wasnt really shared afterall.

However, AA in Tulsa moved 30 management people, laid-off a few, and then claimed 62 jobs were eliminated.

Somehow, this squelched the "shared sacrifice" demands and now the bed wetting without foreplay is being conducted at record levels.

Yipee!

Thank you Jim Little, if not for your relentless demand for shared sacrifice, the company would have ignored the unfairness.

Of course, there are unconfirmed rumors of management bonuses in Tulsa, just this last week.

Imagine that!

Thanks again Jim for demanding the "Shared Sacrifice"! You're our hero.

AAmech said:
Hell No!!!    I think the company should pay me extra for having to live in a S--t hole like Tulsa!
[post="247141"][/post]​

If you calculate "TWU Market Rate" formulas for Tulsa that you mentioned as the excuse for TWU concessions in another thread within the last few days, you are overpaid in Tulsa.

Why the change of heart?

Decision 2004 said:
If you calculate "TWU Market Rate" formulas for Tulsa that you mentioned as the excuse for TWU concessions in another thread within the last few days, you are overpaid in Tulsa.

Why the change of heart?
[post="247258"][/post]​

I have NO idea what your talking about.

AAquila said:
[post="246874"][/post]​

Labour market rates usually determine differentials in pay based on the cost to acquire labour. I suspect that unionized work forces, by their very existence, impede the flexiblity of labour employment and dampen market forces. Just look at the auto and steel industry.

"Do We All Share Equally In Aa's Cutbacks?"

You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Wait until they finalize the retirement eliminations. However, only the little people will be affected. The top management has a bankruptcy-proof retirement fund, middle management and pilots have the option to take the money and run (a lump sum option).

Only lower management and workers will have their retirement cut.

I am reminded of the pigs' statement in Orwell's Animal Farm...."Of course we are all equal. It's just that some of us are more equal than others."

Wretched Wrench said:
The top management has a bankruptcy-proof retirement fund, middle management and pilots have the option to take the money and run (a lump sum option).

Only lower management and workers will have their retirement cut.
[post="247456"][/post]​

Only the pilots have a lump sum option as far as I can tell... If there was a lump sum option for management, I know of lots of management people L3 thru 6 who'd have taken the money and ran already.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Only the pilots have a lump sum option as far as I can tell... If there was a lump sum option for management, I know of lots of management people L3 thru 6 who'd have taken the money and ran already.
[post="247739"][/post]​

Check a little more. As I said, "middle management" still has it. I've been told, but didn't take notes on what levels. I also know lower level management folks who would take the money and run if they could.