Do We Have What It Takes?

With labor costs at the present level, (executive compensation excluded); Do you believe that if man

• -Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -No.

• -I'm too wussy to take a stand.

• Total voters
I just think that with all the down sizing, our COSTS have increased with Pilot Training. Guys are changing aircraft types like I change underwear and that all adds up.

repeet said:
With two rounds of reducing labor compensation, and the changes in work rules already in place (though not necessarily implemented), do you believe that if we aggressively charged into the market place, that we would have a competitive, cost effective product?
This is an absolute no-brainer. Of course we do not have low enough cost with what is facing all of us in the immediate term.

Look at how many employees we have per aircraft for example, that is a cost even when our pay is low.

Maybe we should expand (add aircraft) to take care of this problem in part? No furloughs that way.

Jerry must have opened internet acsess from Labor Unrelations Department.

Dell do you need a set?

700UW said:
Jerry must have opened internet acsess from Labor Unrelations Department.

Dell do you need a set?
QUICK, monitor their IP addresses!!

Really don’t think enough people read this forum to make a bit difference when it comes to making Dave smile or cry.

dave and his gang only smile when they've achieved what we all know--stealing everything from us the employees and say hey bronner guess what i've gotten the pilots, f/as and the others to give back twice and now i'm working on a third and maybe a fourth! then bronner says hey dave here's a bonus for you and your team nice work!

I don't know that there is enough left to make a go of it. Me thinks the davey twins have managed us out of business.

Still it would be nice to keep those circling sharks at bay and watch them starve. :angry:

I just think that with all the down sizing, our COSTS have increased with Pilot Training.

This will be VERY true if you have a mass exodus of pilots. The only reason that F9 lost 6.6M in the 2Q was mostly due to pilot training for new pilots. And, training for current pilots flying the 737's moving into the Airbus. Also big expendetures on lease returns for about seven 737's. With what USAIR has done so far, MOST anylist still predict that a couple of Legacy Carriers won't be around in the near future.

If someone was searching back material and voted in the poll, it would bring it back to the top of the list since it then became an active topic. Since they voted and didnt make any comments, it shows the last message written which was back in Feb.