Do you still take day trips?

Do you still take them?

• Total voters
With all the cuts in flying it has become harder to do day trips, everything now has become overnighters at least for me.

Being from the Northeast, I've taken day trips to DCA, LGA, PHL and GNV. I take day trips as often as I can. I just watch the loads and if it's ok I just go. Why not - that's why we work for an airline!!!! DCA is a great place for a day trip. The metro is right outside the airport. All the museums are free and there are so many. The Air and Space Museum is my favorite. Make sure to take the Metro to Chinatown for lunch at Jaleo's - a Tapas restaurant. . In March the Cherry Blossoms are awesome. LGA - nothing like a day trip to NYC. PHL for a Philly cheesesteak!!! and GNV - just because. BOS has lots to do - be sure to go to Fanueil Hall (Quincy Market) be sure to go hungry!!! Amazing amounts of food vendors/sit down restaurants and shops - a must see!!! Go have fun!!!!!

Used to take lots of day trips when I was a 'solo' individual. The nest is full now and I can't spread my wings as easily. I do make day trips to RNO and LAS occasionally for a buffet and a few bucks on the bandits. The Bay area is another easy day trip as the BART is very accessbile and gets you into SFO/OAK. I'd say any place that has good public transit to and from the airport is a good bet.

Remember... the worst seat on the airplane is better than the best seat in the terminal (watching the plane you had hoped to get on push back with out you).

Reactions: 1 person
I do, and I've been making an effort to do more of them lately. If I have a free weekend and some extra cash, I always make an effort to get out of town. Sometimes just for the day, and sometimes an overnight.

I'm in DC and take day trips to BOS and LGA and PHL. Way too easy to get around in BOS using the T. The Airport's 22 Bus takes you to airport station and from there BOS is your oyster. If you are looking for a great deal on lobster, there is a Shaw's supermarket in East Boston that's a 20 minute walk from the Airport station. Prices there are 1/2 those in DC and the quality is much better. I've taken the shuttle up in the morning and been back home in time in the afternoon to steam them to perfection and enjoy!

I will also confess that I have "day tripped" to HNL, OGG, KOA and LIH. Departing DCA at 7a I can get to the islands by 3p. Run to the beach and pick up my fix of Aloha Maid Lilikoi Passion Drink at Longs Drugs or FoodLand. Return flight is 10p that night. Sleep on the plane on the way back to the east coast. Aloha and Mahalo!