Does a Yes Vote Save Jobs?

lucky310i

Jul 31, 2010
Arguably the biggest issue dividing the yes votes from the no votes is the amount of jobs that will be lost to outsourcing. When LBO2 came out with a percentage of spend rather than man-hours a very diabolical formula was put in place. In simple terms, for every $100 spent on maintenance $65 will be spent in-house with $35 spent on outsourcing. Consider shop rates that are half of ours at AA. For simplicity let’s say our shop rate is $65 per man-hour and that of an MRO 's is $35 per man-hour. The percentage of in-house versus outsource in man-hours is 50%. The percentages get skewed even more when you consider the shop rates for engine and components versus the shop rates for out of country MRO’s airframe work. If you’re voting yes to save jobs think again.

No, a yes vote does not save jobs. It has neen proven before. Look back at 2003. Massive pay cuts on top of job losses. Vote No!

Reactions: 1 person
No job security.
The TA is incomplete and won't be finished til after the votes are tallied. So anyone voting yes is voting blind and under the assumption their job is protected. After voting yes.. why in the hell would the compAAny negotiate in good faith knowing they already have you by the nuts? I refuse to cower like a beaten dog or roll over and take these intimidating tricks. The company, unions and their legal representatives are sell outs. All for Corporate greed. Corruption at its finest. Take notes...other airlines are hovering like buzzards. They are taking notes on how they can screw their employees over by intimidating the uninformed into voting yes blind too.

Reactions: 6 people
With a YES vote not even Al Blackman is protected with 70 years seniority!!!!
Why would any one vote yes to just give away the farm with no fight what so ever???

Reactions: 2 people
No job security.
The TA is incomplete and won't be finished til after the votes are tallied. So anyone voting yes is voting blind and under the assumption their job is protected. After voting yes.. why in the hell would the compAAny negotiate in good faith knowing they already have you by the nuts? I refuse to cower like a beaten dog or roll over and take these intimidating tricks. The company, unions and their legal representatives are sell outs. All for Corporate greed. Corruption at its finest. Take notes...other airlines are hovering like buzzards. They are taking notes on how they can screw their employees over by intimidating the uninformed into voting yes blind too.
The Big Dude speaks the truth

Reactions: 2 people
With a YES vote not even Al Blackman is protected with 70 years seniority!!!!
Why would any one vote yes to just give away the farm with no fight what so ever???

Don't forget that Al has to give up a week of vacation that he had since most of us were not even on this earth. To think that a Stores clerk keeps the week of vacation with a fraction of his seniority. Unions are about seniority and work rules. The TWU is so far out of touch to this concept it is frightfully disgusting to even mention it in conversation at work.

American promised it would save jobs and I believe them. Why should I doubt them? Have they lied to us in the past???
Trust me the check is in the mail!! I promise i wont .........

Grease your tool box wheels and dont let the door hit ya in the ass!!!

Two thousand gone by the end of the year!!
Five thousand gone by the end of next year!!!

That is what happens if you vote yes!!!!!! CYA SUCKERS!!!!!

Talked to an old friend today. He is voting yes because he feels it will delay some of the layoffs. I questioned his thinking by asking him if giving our vacation away forever is worth someone staying a few months longer and he really didn't have an answer. He is a good man and has been bombarded with crap from the TWU that tells him if he wants to save the profession or preserve something for himself and those of us who have been here for years and (maybe) will be left here when all the layoffs are over is being selfish. Funny how TWU is using guilt to get people to vote yes, but feel no guilt at all when they willingly hand our benefits away for nothing in return. HYPOCRITES!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=402&iso=20120808T00&year=2012&month=8&day=8&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&msg=Pack%20your%20tools%20Boys