Does anyone know how many former TWA LLC employees have been laid off so far by AA?

MileHighGuy

Oct 14, 2002
I''m just curious. Thanks.

[P]It might be of interest for those in maintenance to read the linked article in the Tulsa World this morning. References of potential growth and restructering within that growth are subjects that might be of interest.[/P]
[P]The material is under copyright, so here is the link[/P]
[P][A href=http://www.tulsaworld.com/BusinessStory.asp?ID=021103_Bu_E1Stabi]http://www.tulsaworld.com/BusinessStory.asp?ID=021103_Bu_E1Stabi[/A][/P]
[P]If the link does not function, go to [A href=http://www.tulsaworld.com]www.tulsaworld.com[/A] and look for [STRONG]Stability in an ailing industry[/STRONG][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/3/2002 8:10:54 AM kirkpatrick wrote:

I can only give you one piece of the puzzle. 1253 flight attendants are on furlough right now, or 30% of the original 4200.

MK

----------------
[/blockquote]

Do you know how many F/A's on furlough are from the TWA NYC base?

How many TWA mechanics have been laid off system wide including STL, MCI, and other out station maintenance locations?
7.gif']

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/4/2002 6:30:45 AM LGA Fleet Service wrote:
[P][BR][FONT size=1]Here's another question:[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]How many American Airlines employees have been laid off?[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]That is what we all are isn't it? Or are we going to be divided into our TWAer and Native American feifdoms in perpetuity?[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Nice head.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Piss all over ourselves while we continue to lose money.Nice focus on the big picture.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]In my opinion, you are ALL acting like *&^%#ing children and are in dire need of a slap.[/FONT][BR][BR][BR][BR][FONT size=1][/FONT][FONT size=1][/FONT][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]If anyone is in dire need of a slap, [STRONG]it's you and people like you [/STRONG]who feel so superior to TWA LLC folk. [/P]
[P]Why do you feel so threatened by a simple question? You need to get out more often. [/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/3/2002 9:38:30 PM MiAAmi wrote:

Do you know how many F/A's on furlough are from the TWA NYC base?

----------------
[/blockquote]
I don't have a breakdown for that. However, it seems we were down to about 800 FA's in NY when it closed, and we had a high percentage of the newer people. Once the base was consolidated in STL, there were two further furloughs; 200 in Jan and 420 on Nov 1. I have no way of knowing which of those were former NYers.

MK

Miles, you're very wrong about Fleet, he's always attempted to form an unbiased opinion about this integration process which we have little control over. As a former LLCer, I consider myself fortunate to be on AA's payroll. Many of my former colleagues continue to struggle with mortgage, mounting medical and college tuition bills. Likewise there are many more AA'ers suffering. These are difficult times yes, and in the midst of all this hurt, there are those who do not wish that the healing begin not only in the airlines industry, but in our own USA as well.

It's time to reach out to your friends and neighbors in need.

The big picture? The US must first secure it's borders, initiate a quick economic revitalization program, and then deal with the Palestinian-Israeli issue once and for all. Everything else has to be put on hold.

Quit crying and move on with your current job at AA or quit. It is black and white

Another question that no one will answer: How many people laid off from the airlines will never be able to work at the airlines again? How many AA mechanics still on layoff? How many TWA Mechanics still on layoff? It is not whinning or crying, but rather questions that need to be answered.

I would like to know how many AA employees are on layoff in each workgroup, just as a curiosity.

And MileHigh? The bad thing about trolls is they just keep regenerating.

Peace!