Don’t know how to manage an Airline?

So, you think after all of the crap AA's been dragged thru, that the public and the shareholders are going to accept self-auditing?

Ain't gonna happen. AA's credibility, rightly or wrongly, is shot. So is that of the mechanics. You need someone to come in and declare that the Emporer has no clothes right now.

When most every news paper article I read this morning spoke on the frivolity of the AD compliance. I just don't understand how you can say my credibility is shot ! To be totally honest with you my credibility means very little to the flying public. They continued to fly North West
during the strike. And they were maintained by the bottom of the barrel scabs that were rounded up from a batch of people who couldn't hold a job at a major carrier.

They fly on carriers that get their aircraft maintained south of the border with very little over site. I really don't think they care as long as Friends fly free. South West is yesterdays news flying thousands of flights on uninspected aircraft. B)

Isn't it remakable how fast Southwest dropped out of the news? Aging aircraft inspections ( AD ) , Rudder pcu mods ( also AD driven ) and who knows what else not being done. But once again, the public is being shown AA's flub over and over again.....guess they started at the begining of the alphabet, thus AA. Its going to be a very long year folks...all this farming out of maintenance, and downsizing of AMt's, all this trying to save a buck by not stocking parts in stations is going to bite this industry bad.I think ,if any good will come out of this mess, will be a huge increase in ticket prices driving a huge increase in FAA presence and work for US based maintenance AMT's. After 30 years in this end of the industry, all I can say is ITS ABOUT TIME!!

Hey, Bob, did you have an attorney represent you when the TWU ousted you?

Why? Weren't you competent and credible enough to represent yourself?

See, You can be a nasty SOB :lol:

But you still do not know squat about a onion process :p

B)

Hey, Bob, did you have an attorney represent you when the TWU ousted you?

Why? Weren't you competent and credible enough to represent yourself?

Wouldn't it be more like Bob hired an attorney to represent him, and then he had to hire a consulting firm to validate the legal move the attorney was making? It is not that someone was hired to do the job, it is that the hired person is failing so the consultant must be brought in from the outside. Of course not only is the incompetent still employed to the job that the consultant is now doing, in AMR case the failing manager is also getting a hefty annual bonus to boot.

So, you think after all of the crap AA's been dragged thru, that the public and the shareholders are going to accept self-auditing?

Ain't gonna happen. AA's credibility, rightly or wrongly, is shot. So is that of the mechanics. You need someone to come in and declare that the Emporer has no clothes right now.

Why wouldn't the public and the shareholders accept self-auditing?

They will accept that those taking responsibility will get bonuses next week!

You are over reacting as if you still worked at AA and have attended too many management meetings trying to justify the next consulting firm to do the job of others.

Simply terminate someone responsible and hire a new face. Show some actions of accountability instead of hiring another consulting firm.

Someone should look into the Overland Resource Group, Carmine Romano, and Dennis Burchette driven idea of only having general mechanics instead of Structure, Systems, Avionics specific mechanics on overhaul. In attempt to "save money" the skill specific level of our overhaul is not near what it used to be in the hangar. Of course that is in the trenches of this operation and maintenance philosophy and will never been seen, discussed, or reviewed. Very possible this idea had something to do with this outcome.

Latest posts