Donald J. Carty

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
I just thought you guys might be interested in what Carty is up to these days. Proof that money takes care of money no matter how incompetent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_J._Carty

Are you suggesting that Crandall allowed an incompetent to run Finance and to be his successor?

Carty's known to come off as being arrogant, and perhaps out of touch with the little people, but he earned Bob's trust the hard way.

I can't help but wonder if Labor calling for his head might have been the real downfall of AMR. Maybe Don would have been willing to make some of the tougher decisions that Arpey couldn't.

As for the link... nothing new here. It's been posted a couple of times over the last five years.

Are you suggesting that Crandall allowed an incompetent to run Finance and to be his successor?

Carty's known to come off as being arrogant, and perhaps out of touch with the little people, but he earned Bob's trust the hard way.

I can't help but wonder if Labor calling for his head might have been the real downfall of AMR. Maybe Don would have been willing to make some of the tougher decisions that Arpey couldn't.

As for the link... nothing new here. It's been posted a couple of times over the last five years.

I remember a news story on yahoo aviation back in October of 2002. Carty was quoted as saying that American is not looking into BK. We are in a strong financial position. We are not even considering BK. Well we all know what happened in April the following year. AMR was in financial dire straights with the threat of BK if we did not agree to concessions. I believe the Monday morning filing on the steps of the federal court house threat was used.

Yea so Carty was incompetent when it came to financial issues. Being broke in six months is financial incompetence. He paid the price for it or did he? Carty was the first in the relay race to hand the baton to the next incompetent idiot.

Most companies he has been associated with have filed BK or are on the verge. He may well be a good fiance Guy,
But has no leadership abilities on the floor. That my friend goes along way.As an example Art Papas DFW manager goes of his way to say hello and show workers a little respect. That earns my respect,not some ARROGANT COMMENT COMING FROM CARTY....

So you're both saying Crandall didn't know who he was promoting? Interesting.

So you're both saying Crandall didn't know who he was promoting? Interesting.

Crandall was a tough guy to work with. You did what he said and all was good. We as human beings are self thinkers and have our own ideas. Once Crandall left and let Carty steer the ship Carty did it his way. He did not have Crandall to threaten him or throw a chair through his office window. Carty screwed up from a CEO standpoint.

Latest posts