Don't be duped into being the Teamsters bailout fools

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
TEAMSTERS LOOK TO ORGANIZE AA MECHANICS TO FUND PENSION LOSSES

June 28, 2012: The Central States Pension Fund's 2011 Financial and Analytical Reports show that the fund was down to $17.7 billion at the end of 2011.
Fund assets dipped from $19.9 billion at the start of 2011, to $17.7 at the end of the year. The fund made zero on investments during the year; in fact there was a loss of .28%, attributed to poor stock market performance.
The reports—which were received by Teamsters for a Democratic Union in early June—also reveal in more detail decisions regarding YRC Teamsters, and a new rule on withdrawal liability.

The fund is in serious condition and could possibly be insolvent within a decade. The International Union—in alliance with other unions and allies such as the AARP—needs to launch a grassroots movement aimed at strengthening the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) to protect all workers' pensions, such as the bill introduced by Senator Robert Casey (D-Pa) two years ago. Behind the scenes lobbying isn't working. Teamsters and retirees are ready to join in to defend our pensions.

The Hoffa administration, after opening the door with the UPS pull-out, has not made stopping further withdrawals from the fund a priority.

YRC on "Distressed Employer Schedule"

The report details that in 2011 the Trustees of the fund decided to accept the low contribution rate of about $1.75 per hour from YRC. However, approximately 12,000 participants employed by Holland and YRC were put on a "distressed employer schedule" which basically eliminated all early retirement options, with the remaining benefit being the accrued benefit at age 65, or sharply reduced for earlier retirement.
The fund had 67,815 active participants as of November 2011, and 213,647 retirees.
The fund is heavily dependent on investment success. In fact, to maintain its present level of assets, it has to make 12% on investments this year. This is well above any reasonable projection.

Teamsters for a Democratic Union members won the right to obtain quarterly reports in federal court. These 2011 reports were delayed due to the fact that the previous Special Counsel passed away in January. The new Special Counsel is retired federal judge David Coar.

Talk about getting "duped"! What kind of "rag tag" operation you running Informer? AMFA cards in an AMP envelope...lmao

Talk about getting "duped"! What kind of "rag tag" operation you running Informer? AMFA cards in an AMP envelope...lmao

I am not running anything. Can you stay on topic? And I had nothing to do with the mailout.

Is it true that James C Little has paid for the Biil Board at 36th St North and HWY 169 for the Teamsters to advertise on? Wow

And Local 567 Officers say James C Little admitted to Don V. that he would forfeit the AA AMT's to the Teamsters. WOW

Reactions: 2 people

Well so much for your theory of some sort of organized raid; as opposed to, a grass roots uprising against the TWU oppressors.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope....lmao

So a lady at a marketing firm makes a mistake on logo's and you think you have topic of interest, well blame me I was the one putting the mailout together and will accept the blame. But at least we did not mailout boldface lies to members that pay us dues for representation in a contract vote ballot and we do not send out credit card offers with ridiculous rates that the union gets a percentage of etc etc etc.

So a lady at a marketing firm makes a mistake on logo's and you think you have topic of interest, well blame me I was the one putting the mailout together and will accept the blame. But at least we did not mailout boldface lies to members that pay us dues for representation in a contract vote ballot and we do not send out credit card offers with ridiculous rates that the union gets a percentage of etc etc etc.

Since when did you receive dues from any represented member? You AMP fella's don't exist to represent anyone....

Since when did you receive dues from any represented member? You AMP fella's don't exist to represent anyone....

Reread the post that was a reference to the TWU the AMP supporters shutdown the drive back in April and thru our support to AMFA because we did not want to split the vote.Tell me when do you get fitted for your new teamsters leash or has Jim not clued you in yet.

TEAMSTERS LOOK TO ORGANIZE AA MECHANICS TO FUND PENSION LOSSES

June 28, 2012: The Central States Pension Fund's 2011 Financial and Analytical Reports show that the fund was down to $17.7 billion at the end of 2011.
Fund assets dipped from $19.9 billion at the start of 2011, to $17.7 at the end of the year. The fund made zero on investments during the year; in fact there was a loss of .28%, attributed to poor stock market performance.
The reports—which were received by Teamsters for a Democratic Union in early June—also reveal in more detail decisions regarding YRC Teamsters, and a new rule on withdrawal liability.

The fund is in serious condition and could possibly be insolvent within a decade. The International Union—in alliance with other unions and allies such as the AARP—needs to launch a grassroots movement aimed at strengthening the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) to protect all workers' pensions, such as the bill introduced by Senator Robert Casey (D-Pa) two years ago. Behind the scenes lobbying isn't working. Teamsters and retirees are ready to join in to defend our pensions.

The Hoffa administration, after opening the door with the UPS pull-out, has not made stopping further withdrawals from the fund a priority.

YRC on "Distressed Employer Schedule"

The report details that in 2011 the Trustees of the fund decided to accept the low contribution rate of about $1.75 per hour from YRC. However, approximately 12,000 participants employed by Holland and YRC were put on a "distressed employer schedule" which basically eliminated all early retirement options, with the remaining benefit being the accrued benefit at age 65, or sharply reduced for earlier retirement.
The fund had 67,815 active participants as of November 2011, and 213,647 retirees.
The fund is heavily dependent on investment success. In fact, to maintain its present level of assets, it has to make 12% on investments this year. This is well above any reasonable projection.

Teamsters for a Democratic Union members won the right to obtain quarterly reports in federal court. These 2011 reports were delayed due to the fact that the previous Special Counsel passed away in January. The new Special Counsel is retired federal judge David Coar.

Reread the post that was a reference to the TWU the AMP supporters shutdown the drive back in April and thru our support to AMFA because we did not want to split the vote.Tell me when do you get fitted for your new teamsters leash or has Jim not clued you in yet.

Why? You made your post. You just don't like what I seen in it. Maybe you should be more careful....lol

And Local 567 Officers say James C Little admitted to Don V. that he would forfeit the AA AMT's to the Teamsters. WOW

Heard the same thing from the local. Just for that, it my only choices in an election are the TWU or Teamsters, I will vote TWU just to piss them off further. Looks like the TWU has all but revoked their desire to represent us. I guess two going on three NO votes has done them in. To think that after all those AMFA drives, they would just bail on us instead. :D