Don't belive anything us airways corp says to you delta ...

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Dear delta , i want all of you to understand one thing , and one thing only ...In our company the bottom line is money baby , nothing more , nothing less ... that's what america west one of the nations low cost carriers was all about , and now that we control us airways , that is what we a new merged company are all about ... the stradgey here is plain and simple , tell the employee's what ever it is they want to hear , grease them over for months and years if you can , but don't pay them a cent more ....Our company is great when it comes to "talk " about how much it values it's employee's ... but there's a word for that and it's called propaganda . sometimes it sickens me when i read the community section where you see employee's helping the community , it makes me sick because most of the workers on the west side are so poor they cannot SPARE the time to help and it's mainly only the very higher ups who go to these functions ( and as i suspect it's proably just to brown nose ).
One thing i must say however , is that i admire doug parker... some of you may hate him (such as america west pilots who've had their contract talks draged out for years ) but i still think highly of him ...
What this man has done has been nothing short of amazing! He had the fore sight to see that the best way to expand was to take over the reamins of once mighty airline companies , after they had been broken down .... with the pension obligations gone and the pay of employee's reduced time and time again at us airways , they were a perfect target for take over .Genius ... Then the way in which he has prolonged contracts without giving an inch is also admirable ! ( from an outside perspective that is )
Anyways , just remember what we are about delta , and how our managment team things ...

As a US Airways fleet service employee, I would like to add that Delta workers should fight this proposed merger to the end. Write your congressman, your senator, the president, the first lady and Jenna and Barbara if you feel the need. US Airways management will lie to you and deceive you at any given oppurtunity. Nothing friendly or warm and fuzzy here. Fight like hell against this merger.

If this merger does take place, however, you will soon realize why we have unions. IAM and the rest suck but the other option (no union) sucks even worse. Been there, done that without a union at America West and it was not fun.

Don't fall for Dog Porker's boyish face and smile. He is a bad man. We have eaten his baloney sandwiches before but no more.

Latest posts