Dont remove AMP info on the Bulletin Boards

olderguyAMT

Advanced
Jun 12, 2010
I wish we could sign more than one card, just to make up for the apathetic TWU guys who have their heads buried in the beach sand. A lot of them are newly upgraded AMT's from OSM shops. They are not interested in reading what they consider to be propaganda. Hey, they don't even read the latest negotiation info from the TWU web site!

I have posted infomation on the break room bulletin board. Some stay up for a while, while others are removed in a day or two. When I leave info. on the tables, the same thing happens. I have even made up my own pages to post. One drawing shows the slogan from the back of the latest TWU shirt; the one with the bricks and something about the Strong TWU Foundation. I redrew those bricks and put the TWU slogan at the top. I
placed a large crack going down from the top. And, in that crack I wrote in red letters, " AMP CARD DRIVE " , and in another drawing I placed " TWU Accountability ". I must have hit a nerve.

Apparently, the truth hurts the feelings of the blind. The sad part is that the blind don't know they can't see.

The main AMP site needs to be updated and contains lots of old stuff about past meetings. Where is the new info. about new meetings?

Will AMP come up with some catchy slogans of its own? Maybe more social media usage?

I think that I will remake those drawings to repost again. and make copies at home for replacement.

I wish we could sign more than one card, just to make up for the apathetic TWU guys who have their heads buried in the beach sand. A lot of them are newly upgraded AMT's from OSM shops. They are not interested in reading what they consider to be propaganda. Hey, they don't even read the latest negotiation info from the TWU web site!

I have posted infomation on the break room bulletin board. Some stay up for a while, while others are removed in a day or two. When I leave info. on the tables, the same thing happens. I have even made up my own pages to post. One drawing shows the slogan from the back of the latest TWU shirt; the one with the bricks and something about the Strong TWU Foundation. I redrew those bricks and put the TWU slogan at the top. I
placed a large crack going down from the top. And, in that crack I wrote in red letters, " AMP CARD DRIVE " , and in another drawing I placed " TWU Accountability ". I must have hit a nerve.

Apparently, the truth hurts the feelings of the blind. The sad part is that the blind don't know they can't see.

The main AMP site needs to be updated and contains lots of old stuff about past meetings. Where is the new info. about new meetings?

Will AMP come up with some catchy slogans of its own? Maybe more social media usage?

I think that I will remake those drawings to repost again. and make copies at home for replacement.

Present and former shop stewards at TULE feel obligated to tear down any AMP or negative twu info at every opportunity.

Present and former shop stewards at TULE feel obligated to tear down any AMP or negative twu info at every opportunity.

Apparently that is the priveledge of the incumbents to assure that any challenger has minimal chances. They don't want the uninformed to get any strange ideas about rebelling against the esablishment status quo, even when there is the appearance of shady behavior like refusing to represent us well by jamming a crappy contract down our throats and taking pay raises while we suffer!! When so many are unwilling to be educated, that helps the incumbents too.

Bulletin Boards

We provide company bulletin boards in work areas to post important company information. This may include company policies and bulletins, local announcements, Jetwire or administrative messages and anything that is required to be posted by federal, state or local laws. In addition, bulletin boards may be provided to allow employees to post items of general personal interest.

Use good judgment when posting material that advertises the sale of personal property or services. Some information is not permitted on company bulletin boards, such as messages containing religious, political or controversial issues or material that contains false or libelous remarks about American, a colleague, organization or event.

These same standards apply to electronic bulletin boards or Sabre star records.

Union groups that currently represent AA employees may also communicate information about their union to its members, using separate bulleting boards. As with company bulletin boards, good judgment should be used when posting material:
Approved items are outlined in the collective bargaining agreement and may include notices of union meetings, recreational, social or business affairs. Notices of union election, appointments and results of elections are also allowed - as well as system board awards and opinions. Information not meeting these criteria will be removed.

Any union communications should bear the official seal of the union or the signature of a union representative.

Untrue information or libelous remarks about AA or any employee are prohibited. Postings should not contain anything defamatory or of a personal nature, attacking the company or its representatives.

Bulletin Boards

We provide company bulletin boards in work areas to post important company information. This may include company policies and bulletins, local announcements, Jetwire or administrative messages and anything that is required to be posted by federal, state or local laws. In addition, bulletin boards may be provided to allow employees to post items of general personal interest.

Use good judgment when posting material that advertises the sale of personal property or services. Some information is not permitted on company bulletin boards, such as messages containing religious, political or controversial issues or material that contains false or libelous remarks about American, a colleague, organization or event.

These same standards apply to electronic bulletin boards or Sabre star records.

Union groups that currently represent AA employees may also communicate information about their union to its members, using separate bulleting boards. As with company bulletin boards, good judgment should be used when posting material:
Approved items are outlined in the collective bargaining agreement and may include notices of union meetings, recreational, social or business affairs. Notices of union election, appointments and results of elections are also allowed - as well as system board awards and opinions. Information not meeting these criteria will be removed.

Any union communications should bear the official seal of the union or the signature of a union representative.

Untrue information or libelous remarks about AA or any employee are prohibited. Postings should not contain anything defamatory or of a personal nature, attacking the company or its representatives.

Buck, are you saying that Mgmt. and union shop stewards are working together and separately, both removing AMP promotional material from the bulletin boards? There has to be a better way to inform. Who reads those damn BB anyway? Maybe one or two percent. So the BB fails the communication test, right?

Most all have smart phones these days with data plans. Is AMP doing its best to exploit methods of modern communication that don't interfere with certain policies, like these message boards and social media? Why did the card drive fail to achieve its short term objective?

All I am saying is that I copied this from it's source. The same place all employees can find the rules and regulations that are a requirement for employment.

Why did the card drive fail to achieve its short term objective?
The stearing committee took a vote to extend the card drive till January because more organizers are getting on board. I think the guys in TULE are finally waking up, but we still need more help there. To answer your question though, lack of organizers (people who give a sh-t), very sad.
Thanks for your help!

The steering committee took a vote to extend the card drive till January because more organizers are getting on board. I think the guys in TULE are finally waking up, but we still need more help there. To answer your question though, lack of organizers (people who give a sh-t), very sad.
Thanks for your help!

I am afraid that it will take much more than organizing in TUL, I think it will take a sub-standard contract by the TWU to bring the change needed for the mechanics.

I am afraid that it will take much more than organizing in TUL, I think it will take a sub-standard contract by the TWU to bring the change needed for the mechanics.
Maybe next week then, or why not ink the deal on Labor Day, that might help.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe next week then, or why not ink the deal on Labor Day, that might help.
I am all for an agreement that rids the mechanics of this cancer that has been eating at us for years. Anytime, as long as the TWU is gone or becomes democratic. I thought the second part was pretty funny.

I am all for an agreement that rids the mechanics of this cancer that has been eating at us for years. Anytime, as long as the TWU is gone or becomes democratic. I thought the second part was pretty funny.
Like I said before we are going to extend the drive until January, after that we are done. We have donated money and time trying to make our job a career again, and if it doesn't happen under these conditions, more than likely it never will. We are getting more first time card signers from Tule, and the smaller line stations are coming on line, we'll see.
Thanks for your help
By the way, I'm just an organizer, not a stearing committee member, those guys can be contacted via the AMP website.

Hey Old guy, would you mind if I hiked my leg and "wizzed" on your AMP stuff? I like to mark my territory as a TWU steward B)

Hey Old guy, would you mind if I hiked my leg and "wizzed" on your AMP stuff? I like to mark my territory as a TWU steward B)
Hike your leg? I'd say more like squat. Twu steward? I guess they company loves seeing you come into a 29f, throw in the towel for that one.

That's all we've had in the 23+ years I've worked there. <_<