Dp Leans Towards In House

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
grown.

Lots of the contention I hear on this board is over outsourcing. I think Doug Parker is very open minded. He is not philosophically wed either way.
He thinks in many cases in house is cheaper and easier to control but he also will contract out where it makes economic sense. Expect that trend to continue. I would be shocked if for example all res. it outsourced. I would not be if the outsourced is brought back in. Areas like HR and benefits might very well be outsourced more. I know he has said many times he didn't want as much regional flying that we where contractedly obligated to. If anything my guess is where it impacts the direct contact w/ customers expect less not more out sourcing.
Disclaimer, I know nothing. This is only my opinion based only on my observation don't read to much into this.
Good luck to us all!

I wonder if Douglas Parker is going to keep Piedmont Airlines when this merger is complete. I understand from some friends of mine I used to work with that AMW mgmt are coming to ABE in OCT. they say it doesnt sound too promising for them.

With the number of errors made by outsourcesd offices..and incorrect information given our public perception of being professional/quick/and efficient is gone -even the work at home option for some is better than the overseas offices with a language barrier...they are trying overseas--but the lack of training and lack of accountability is showing...and passengers are angry/and disgusted.

Work at Home.....haven't heard that one in a while........thought they had forgotten about it......