Draft Bob Crandall

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
Let dump Dave and get Bob Crandall in here.

I'll be the first to admit that Crandall may be an obnoxious S.O.B., but he knows how to run an airline. He knows the market. He knows the competition and is willing to compete, viciously, if necessary.

He's certainly no friend of labor, but at least he's up front about where he stands. He's respected in the industry, on Wall Street and by government.

When it comes to operating an airline, he's brilliant.

And, he just may be available.

Funny you should say!
I met Bob Crandall for the first time this past Saturday. Him and his wife. We spoke for some time. He has been spending summers in my town since leaving AA.
Looks you right in the eye when he speaks. No uhs, ums, like, the guy still is very sharp.
His wife was sweet, and said she does not miss the phone calls at 1:00 in the morning.
He's living the good life now,no way would he jump back in.

If you don't like past management or want someone labor friendly then Bob Crandall isn't the guy for you! He's notorious for having battles with unions and he isn't a yes man....just ask AMR employees.

Crandall is very good on the financial side but when it come to union and management negotiations it is his way or the highway! Is this what U want at the present time or an allrounder like Gordan at Continental.

Yes, please. Bring on Mr. Crandall.

Then I want to sit back, relax, and watch the howls and whines about him as soon as he starts to stick it to the work groups - as he did at American.

Itrade,
Like I said, after spekking with Crandall, he is not, nor will he ever be employed by an airline again. His words.
I guess you're just going to have to kick the dog again to hear a howl!

ITRADE said:
Yes, please. Bring on Mr. Crandall.

Then I want to sit back, relax, and watch the howls and whines about him as soon as he starts to stick it to the work groups - as he did at American.
I admitted in the original post (had you bothered to read it) that Crandall is no friend of labor. But I would rather have someone like an unfriendly Crandall who knows how to run an airline than an unfriendly Siegel whose head is up his posterior. The howls would be no louder than they are now with Siegel. The only difference is that USAirways might prosper.

In short, Itrade, your reply is off the mark.

Latest posts