Dramatic video shows turbulence rocking AA flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know when I flew DL last spring we did hit some turbulence   but nothing on the scale of what the 777 hit.   According to that USA Today article John Cox thinks it was more than likely Clear Air Turbulence

no, this was not clear air turbulence. There was a significant storm that was clearly evident on global weather satellites.

CAT happens.

Japan is known for turbulent weather, esp. in the winter.

and since the last thread, other sources say that AA does not have an inhouse meteorology department but buys services from an outsourced company.

You an absolutely be assured that there are questions being asked of how AA managed to miss this weather or why the crew flew thru it, esp. with FAs in the cabin serving.

yes, the seat belt should be kept on.

WorldTraveler said:
You an absolutely be assured that there are questions being asked of how AA managed to miss this weather or why the crew flew thru it, esp. with FAs in the cabin serving.

Besides you (and spectator :p ), who is asking the questions?

you can bet that some of these passengers have lawyers asking the question and you can also bet that there are people at AA HDQ who need to know the answer.

Perhaps the pilots knew about the weather and flew thru it - but I kinda doubt it, esp. since they allowed service to take place.

Weather satellites showed the storm developing before the flight ever left ICN.

the routes given to them may have been the best that the company had given the specific airspace  and may be they heard reports it was the smoothest of the routes  who knows 

WT, "No, this was not clear air turbulence."

John Cox, an aviation safety expert and USA TODAY's Ask the Captain columnist, suspects Tuesday's incident was likely the result of "clear air turbulence."
He acknowledges the video may be frightening to travelers, but said modern aircraft are built to withstand such episodes.

WT, "No, this was not clear air turbulence."

John Cox, an aviation safety expert and USA TODAY's Ask the Captain columnist, suspects Tuesday's incident was likely the result of "clear air turbulence."
He acknowledges the video may be frightening to travelers, but said modern aircraft are built to withstand such episodes.
and yet there was a very powerful storm on satellite at the time and in the region the AA flight flew thru.

and aircraft are designed to fly thru that kind of turbulence.

IF everyone is seated and belted in and galleys are secured.

So back in July - a DL flight  had turbulence with a passenger injury - looks like DL flew right through the storm - guess they don't know how to use weather radar either

Will you start threads every time a DL aircraft has turbulence?

How many lawyers were involved in this one? 

I thought DL was perfect and did not have turbulence issues

http://avherald.com/h?article=47719ef2

Here is a video of turbulence on a DL aircraft

It's hard to believe this happens at DL as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvKy09xFXk

Reactions: 2 people
nope, I would ask the same question.

was the seat belt sign on and was anyone injured?

I see people walking around while the seat belt sign is on.

seems I heard a fasten seat belt notice as soon as the video started.

also, it is on arrival, not at cruise.

turbulence happens.

finally, is a DL narrowbody aircraft over Oklahoma.

These are at least two flights since the video flips back and forth from DL aircraft; the first is a DL operated flight even if it has a KLM codeshare flight number.

Should we find someone else to open a thread for every DL turbulence since you want to bring up AA turbulence cases?

If you read the case someone was injured.

Reactions: 1 person
so what you are now saying is did the pilot put the seat belt sign on before the DL flight hit turbulence - right - only DL sees clear air turbulence and places the seat belt sign on - see DL is perfect and it's pilots and only DL pilots can see clear air turbulence

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.