'Drunk' man pees on 11 year old on JetBlue flight

FrugalFlyerv2.0

Veteran
Oct 29, 2003
Chaos erupted on JetBlue's red-eye flight from Portland, Ore., to JFK yesterday when a drunk allegedly urinated on a sleeping 11-year-old girl.

The youngster was traveling with her sister and dad, and had been left alone for a few minutes while the others used the lavatories.

Robert Vietze, 18, of South Warren Vt., stumbled from his seat five rows behind her and emptied his bladder, a witness said.

"I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," the 6-foot-4, 195-pound Vietze said, according to law-enforcement sources. He later claimed to have consumed eight alcoholic beverages

NY Post link

The exact reason why I think it is important for us flight attendants to keep count of how many drinks a passenger has consumed. Aside from the fact that we can be held responsible under the FARs, this sort of event is less likely to occur.

The exact reason why I think it is important for us flight attendants to keep count of how many drinks a passenger has consumed. Aside from the fact that we can be held responsible under the FARs, this sort of event is less likely to occur.

Agreed. But, the problem with that is that the passenger could of ordered drinks from different flight attendants. But, seriously, to get that drunk, one of the flight attendants definitely over served this guy!

Agreed. But, the problem with that is that the passenger could of ordered drinks from different flight attendants. But, seriously, to get that drunk, one of the flight attendants definitely over served this guy!
HELLO, What is the legal drinking age on JETBLUE flights anyway??????????????????????????

Reactions: 1 person
JetBlue could be in deep water over this one. This kid is 18 . As Flight Attendants we are not to serve alcohol to no one under the age of 21. If he had 8 drinks on board that plane and I was the father of that little girl I would sue the crap out of JetBlue

How do we know he consumed 8 alcoholic beverages ONBOARD? He could have had 3 doubles at the airport and 2 on the plane (or whatever combo).

As a Flight Attendant, (especially on a Red-eye when most people are sleeping) most of us are acutely aware when someone drinks to excess. 8 is quite a large number to be consumed in a 5 hour period. And as FAs working together, we usually KNOW what is going on and who is drinking.

Don't be so quick to Judge. I for one will "suggest" that this man had a "few" prior to boarding. Also, its quite probable that he "doesn't fly well" and may have consumed a "pill" to help him sleep even better :blink:

Never said he consumed 8 on board. That's part of the problem. We have no idea what they consumed prior to boarding. That's why we have to watch when they start by ordering doubles, or ordering a 2nd or 3rd drink shortly after the first one.. And, make sure that we are all in the know about the passenger and their location. I had a situation in F/C where a passenger ordered a double vodka on the rocks. He seemed to be fine; so, I served him. He had another one about 30 minutes later, and I began to be a little concerned. 4 drinks in less than an hour can be a problem. It really became a problem when I saw my #4 in the galley fixing double vodka on the rocks. I asked her if it was for seat 4B. She said yes. I asked her how many drinks she had served him. She said two. So, by ordering each time from a different f/a, the passenger got FOUR double vodkas in less than an hour.

I cut him off when he ordered another. When he protested, I simply said, "Sir, it is a violation of Federal law for me to get you intoxicated on the airplane." He said (loudly and slightly slurred), "I'm not effin drunk." I said, "I never said you were, sir. Intoxicated is a legal term referring to blood alcohol level above .08. You have had 4 double vodkas, 8 drinks, in less than an hour. That is more than enough to put your blood alcohol level above the legal limit." What I didn't tell him was that I have been a sober member of AA for over 27 years. His behavior seemed vaguely familiar to me. Someone I know must have drunk like that in the past. :lol:

In any case, the joker who peed on the child should be prosecuted regardless of how or where he got intoxicated.

This is just disgusting.......where do these people come from????

Was it that long ago that people used to DRESS UP when taking a trip by air?????

I am just glad that was not MY daughter he peed on.....

NEW YORK—An 18-year-old was dismissed from the U.S. Ski Team’s development squad after he was accused of getting drunk and then urinating on a fellow passenger aboard a JetBlue flight.

Based on the information we have, Sandy Vietze is in violation of the USSA code of conduct and team agreement, and has been dismissed from the team,” U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association Executive Vice-President of Athletics Luke Bodensteiner said in an email sent to The Associated Press on Friday.

Vietze was nominated to the development team this spring after excelling as an alpine skier at the Green Mountain Valley School, a top ski academy and high school in Waitsfield, Vt., where tuition runs as much as $42,000 per year. He had been scheduled to compete on the national ski team’s developmental squad for the 2011-2012 season.

torstar link

New POINT OF VIEW:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2011/08/drunken_teen_urinated_on_the_floor_not_on_girl_during_plane_ride_beaverton_family_says.html

Drunken teen urinated on the floor, not on girl during plane ride, Beaverton family says

This is sick! Airport security should be doing something about this. A drunk teen?! Unbelievable! This calls for some serious disciplinary actions! Airport personnel are suppose to be strict, they can't afford to be lax nowadays!

Article Source: Man urinates on girl mid-flight

I heard this before that at JetBlue flight last Wed night might get the record as the toughest travel encounter ever. Travellers were forced to endure a drunken teenage peeing on a kid. And another male vomited inside the airliner. This is so disgusting.