DUB and SNN get extended ( by a week!)

Dec 4, 2005
DUB + SNN season is extended by a week from 28 oct- 4 Nov. This will be a wrap flight PHL-DUB-SNN-PHL. I think they are just trying it out see will it work for next year. I think it will be back in March??

DUB + SNN season is extended by a week from 28 oct- 4 Nov. This will be a wrap flight PHL-DUB-SNN-PHL. I think they are just trying it out see will it work for next year. I think it will be back in March??
well, if it doesn't work out, i am sure aer lingus would be happy to take over the route...

Is it possible that Ireland service could be year-round and that the schedule just hasn't been updated past Nov. 4th or did you get this info from someplace else?

When does the requirement to fly to SNN end? I seem to remember it being in 2007, but I'm not sure.

After the SNN requirement is dropped, do you see a 1x DUB year round, 2x DUB summer and 1x DUB year round, 1x DUB year round and 1x SNN summer?

If SNN is dropped and DUB goes year round, that should free up another TA aircraft for next summer.

How are the loads on those flights? I assume its a 757?

I really gotta go over there and revisit my relatives. And use my new Irish passport. :up:

When does the requirement to fly to SNN end? I seem to remember it being in 2007, but I'm not sure.

After the SNN requirement is dropped, do you see a 1x DUB year round, 2x DUB summer and 1x DUB year round, 1x DUB year round and 1x SNN summer?

If SNN is dropped and DUB goes year round, that should free up another TA aircraft for next summer.

The SNN requirement is not going anywhere, but it is being eased. Starting in October, for every 1 flight a US airline flies to Shannon, they can fly three to DUB. Still have to fly to both, though.

The new US-Ireland treaty will also allow EI to fly to three more cities, but Philadelphia, while being considered, likely won't be one of them because of US Airways presence in the market.

The SNN requirement is not going anywhere, but it is being eased. Starting in October, for every 1 flight a US airline flies to Shannon, they can fly three to DUB. Still have to fly to both, though.

Incorrect.

The agreement abolishes the existing quota system for compulsory landings for transatlantic flights at Shannon. For the first 12 months of the agreement, every second transatlantic flight will continue to stop at Shannon, but the stopover will be phased out over 18 months. After 18 months, flights from the US to Ireland will not be required to stop at Shannon and Irish carriers will be allowed to fly to any US airport.

The new US-Ireland treaty will also allow EI to fly to three more cities, but Philadelphia, while being considered, likely won't be one of them because of US Airways presence in the market.

Where did this come from? Never heard of such a concern published or spoken - the cities are SFO, MIA and PHL. It's particularly confusing since EI will no longer have a major Alliance and therefore should have minimal conflict with US and *A. In fact EI could even initiate an independent alliance with US.

Latest posts