Dump Tilton

UnitedChicago

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hi all - havent posted in ages.

I'm extremely depressed about Continental telling Tilton to go f himself. I'm equally depressed at the propsect of UAL merging with U.

As a 1k I want to organize a customer revolt against Tilton and potential U merger. Can anyone help me get in touch with Steve Wallach? If you have an email for him - please PM it to me.

Tilton has touted consolidation for the last 4 years, gets to the alter with Continental and screws it up because of horrendous management. He should have been immediately fired on Monday.

Help me help you all!!!!

Hi all - havent posted in ages.

I'm extremely depressed about Continental telling Tilton to go f himself. I'm equally depressed at the propsect of UAL merging with U.

As a 1k I want to organize a customer revolt against Tilton and potential U merger. Can anyone help me get in touch with Steve Wallach? If you have an email for him - please PM it to me.

Tilton has touted consolidation for the last 4 years, gets to the alter with Continental and screws it up because of horrendous management. He should have been immediately fired on Monday.

Help me help you all!!!!

Hi UnitedChicago,

Welcome back after such a long time. I fully understand your concerns with Tilton messing up the CO merger deal. I do believe, however, it may have something more to do with AA have held meeting with CO and talked CO into an Alliance with their Sky Team which would work better for them rather than merging with United. They would still be independent as they really wanted all along. A merger with USAirways has been turned down at least twice and now merging with the mess that exists over at USAirways would be a collosal mistake of gigantic proportions. USAirways has not even resolved its seniority problems with the merger between America West. You and all the 1K's, Premier Execs and Premiers should engage in a letter writing campaign to the BOD calling for Tilton's resignation or be fired.

Hi Nova - thanks for the reply!

I don't see the value in CO joining OneWorld or AA. BA maybe...but AA no.

I think UA should dump Tilton, bring in someone to actually run the place, partner with CO and bring them into *, and dump U

That way UA can get their house in order and maybe do a deal later...

I think UA should dump Tilton, bring in someone to actually run the place, partner with CO and bring them into *, and dump U

Absolutely, I say lets start the petition now, I will try to get you any emails from UAL that you may need, just let me know the ones you need.

The time to dump Tilton was three years ago. Now you are stuck.

UA's BOD should hold their nose and buy out Tilton & Brace. I'm sure their nauseating (sp?) pay packages are automatically due if they are fired.

So do it. Fire their miserable carcasses and bring in a Bethune to guide your ship thru the short-term storm ahead. UA will live to flourish.

You don't even need a Bethune. I'm sure there is a sharp manager somerewhere in the UA bureaucracy who could pull this off. I could think of one in particular but will not name him here.

There must be a pretty D$%^ good reason to join with AA/BA. And pretty obvious why Continental left UAL crying at the alter!!!! :lol: :up: