E190

rjh

Veteran
Aug 22, 2005
Sent out today to employees on USNews Now

Embraer 190s to Join the Fleet in November
February 9, 2006

Today, US Airways announced an agreement with Embraer that will introduce the popular E-190 aircraft to the US Airways fleet.

CEO Doug Parker said, “With the addition of E-190s, we build flexibility in route planning while offering comfort to passengers and leading-edge technology to our employees.

“Today’s announcement would not have been possible without the combined strength of both the former airlines, making this agreement all the more meaningful to the new US Airways and our employees. Of equal importance, these airplanes will be flown by mainline pilots and flight attendants, and that’s good news for our people.â€￾

When, Where, and How Many?
Deliveries on the first 25 E-190s are scheduled to begin in November. These aircraft will be configured in two classes with 11 first class and 88 coach seats. GE CF34-10E engines will power the planes.

This order is an update to a previous order from US Airways and the airline still holds options on up to 82 additional Embraer aircraft in the 170 and/or 190 families.

Why the E-190?
The E-190 is larger and more comfortable than traditional regional jets, with more headroom for passengers during boarding/deplaning, plenty of overhead and under-seat storage space, and the two-class configuration that US Airways passengers have come to expect. The doors on these aircraft also are a similar height to larger mainline jets allowing them to park at and utilize jet bridges.

Below is the layout of US Airways’ E-190 aircraft, with 11 first class seats, 88 coach seats, spacious galleys and two lavatories. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about where these aircraft might fly, as well as the actual delivery date of the first aircraft.

Sent out today to employees on USNews Now
CEO Doug Parker said, “With the addition of E-190s, we These aircraft will be configured in two classes with 11 first class and 88 coach seats. GE CF34-10E engines will power the planes.

FC was a good move. I'm surprised they put that many FC seats in. It is more than the 8 that are on the current version of HP's 737 and US's 757 which have more seats overall. With UA's exPlus, I think that it is a good move and will help to get biz travelers to take these planes.

Which routes will they fly?

Why don't they throw a few FC seats on the E-170's now that they are going mainline.

YES!

THANK YOU, US AIRWAYS. This is an announcement I've been waiting on for quite awhile.

11F/88Y is a very good F/Y ratio... and hey, it is perfect, 99 seats so no need for a third FA.

I'm also glad that this decision will create more jobs for long-suffering US Airways mainline pilots and FAs. More mainline planes - what a concept, eh!

:up:

From the corporate press release:

"Under this agreement, the previous 57 undelivered EMBRAER 170s will be converted into 25 firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft and 32 additional firm EMBRAER 190 aircraft that are subject to reconfirmation by US Airways. The Amendment also includes up to 50 options to other aircraft in the Embraer 170/190 family. Deliveries will resume in November 2006."

It would have brought alot more flexibility to route planning if the 170s were on the mainline...like they should.
The 170 deal was made before DP came in. I believe the republic contract does include an option to buy them back in the future, but first let RP waste them on such looming disasters as DL and UA.

Why don't they throw a few FC seats on the E-170's now that they are going mainline.

I don't believe the 170's are going mainline. They only say "optional". I don't believe with Republic (express) having 170's you will ever see them on mainline for much more the cost of mainline employees.

The 170 deal was made before DP came in. I believe the republic contract does include an option to buy them back in the future, but first let RP waste them on such looming disasters as DL and UA.
The 170's that Repubic got from US only fly for US. They do not fly for UA or DL. The DL and UA flying is flown by Shuttle America which is a totally separate certificate and config. The US 170's are still intact for now.

IMO Look for US to reaquire the gates and step away from Republic. Especially if they can turn a profit anytime in 2006 with prospects for a full year profit in 2007.

You might get your wish, Piney. So far the consensus of the folks that make the predictions is for a small profit in the 3rd & 4th quarter this year and for the full 2007.

Not sure about the "2 years", though. I'd have to dig it up to be sure, but I think the contract with Republic (and Chataugua) go to the 2011-2013 timeframe.

Jim

I have heard from several sources that DP and US west tried unsuccessfully to back out of the Republic deal. So now it looks like we will have to suffer through their shortcomings for at least 2 years.

IMO Look for US to reaquire the gates and step away from Republic. Especially if they can turn a profit anytime in 2006 with prospects for a full year profit in 2007.

Yes, I expect that too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the RP 170s in the paint shop by 2009.

You might get your wish, Piney. So far the consensus of the folks that make the predictions is for a small profit in the 3rd & 4th quarter this year and for the full 2007.
Jim

That's good to hear we are optimistic. 3rd quarter has traditionally has been the quarter that will make or break the year as far as profitability goes. Are we forecasting a profitable 2006? And if so, I wonder what fuel cost factor is being used for this forecast?

Now that I've run this thread in the ditch, here's the numbers....

Two brokers break it down to quarterly estimates per share thru Sept (First Call only shows 4 quarters and starts with 4Q05). The mean:

4Q05 ($1.76)
1Q06 ($0.66)
2Q06 $1.01
3Q06 $1.23

Annual numbers per share are:

2006 $1.30
2007 $3.18

First Call only gives the forecasts, not the details like fuel price. Last I looked, there are a little less than 90 million shares issued.

Jim

ps - Piney, obviously I was wrong about an estimate for 4Q06. Sorry.

Good move? Time will tell, take a look over on the Jet Blue boards and see what they are saying about them..... :blink:

This is all great news
we have new cities starting, new aircraft such as the A350 coming, other aircraft as the 757 ETOPS and the E190s coming !
this is the airline people said stick a fork in exactly a year ago

LOOK WHAT HAPPEND !!!!
this is awesome

Latest posts