Eagle For Sale?

AAviator said:
Only one small problem,.... scope.
I haven/t read the latest and greatest SCOPE changes in a while, refresh my memory, what is the gist of it?

If I remember right:

1. Hub to hub is still prohibited.

2. ASM limits loosened/dropped.

3. CRJ's go to A/A if economically feasible.

4. Under 50 seat RJ's at 110% of mainline hull count.

I am sure some of that is wrong and I have missed some points. Could you clear it up for me?

Thats the nut shell.

All at more than twice the CASM of mainline. (which, by the way is continuing to drop)

AAviator said:
All at more than twice the CASM of mainline. (which, by the way is continuing to drop)
How does RASM compare? Most people focus on CASM and forget about RASM.

BTW, the 2Q 2003 DOT stats are out, Eagle's BELF was 54.7% with a yield of 25.93. For comparison, American's BELF was 89.9% with a yield of 11.52.

Eagle's overall CASM is also dropping as the turboprops continue to be retired. They are easily the most expensive planes in the fleet to fly in that respect.

What could be driving that higher RASM? Product? AAdvantage? F/C service? On time dependability? AAdmirals club? MTRC?....or, fare mix?

Scope has or had its use but now you guys might just scope your selves right out of a job as AA looses ground to the other airlines.

You're right. We've got 1800 guys on the street now. They should all be at eagle. We've got supp W that you guys don't want to honor.

Spin Eagle off, use the money to buy a bunch of e-jets, put as many guys back to work as possible.

Scope. It's scarry thinking about what you guys are willing to do to the profession.

I found a couple of links you folks might find interesting.

http://www.alliedpilots.org/Public/Topics/...Issues/is_1.pdf

(note APA agreed to a comair- rate in 2000 that AA rejected)

http://www.alliedpilots.org/Public/Topics/...Issues/is_2.pdf

AAviator said:
What could be driving that higher RASM? Product? AAdvantage? F/C service? On time dependability? AAdmirals club? MTRC?....or, fare mix?
Admittedly I know very little about fares and how they are arrived at. Care to fill me in on what you are alluding to?

AA,

Where do you get that 1800 AA pilots should be at AE. We want to honor the agreement you guys just seem to think how it is written is not good enough and keep trying to change it to take more jobs. Is it poorly written? Yes, going up much worse than coming down but it is what we have and until you guys accept that we will continue to fight for it's use as it is written. Kasher already slapped APA on the hand hard and you are still trying to find a way to circumvent the process. The agreement United signed and CAL's is alot closer to how ours should have been written. BTW we do not even have 1800 EMJ Captains. We are continueing to sell or retire aircraft still have furloughs on the street and have to fend off the APA sniping. This job is great is it not? Why are TWA pilots coming back? They have no business here just like the BEX guys should not have had any opportunity to flowup.

[/QUOTE]You're right. We've got 1800 guys on the street now. They should all be at eagle. We've got supp W that you guys don't want to honor.
Eagle got 124 pilots to AA in a three year period. During that same time frame, AA hired aprroximately 3000 pilots AND bought TWA with its associated 2300 pilots. So, 124 0f 5300 AA pilots brought on property were flow throughs.
Read up a little bit on the history and intent of the flow through/back. It is obviously not what the apa is preaching. apa has been using greedy guerrilla tactics all year long to carve out Eagle 'outside' of supp W and letter 3.
No need to speak to Eagle about "honor".