Eagle merged into AA - The Future

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
Unfortunately, the[EM] big [/EM]dog is under the command of an [EM]old[/EM] dog, and I highly doubt the [EM]old[/EM] dog will be able to move fast enough to catch up to the likes of. . . . [EM]Southwest[/EM]. [BR][BR]One thing your theory is going to present a problem to is the traveling public, who is not going to be inclined to make plane change after plane change to get where they're going, as would be the case with an over abundance of RJs in the fleet.

Carty wants it both ways, discount prices and still offer full service. That theory was proven wrong by TWA. It's time to make a decision here, Mr. Carty.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/27/2002 12:19:57 PM RV4 wrote:
[P]Latest rumor:[BR][BR]BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING IN TWO WEEKS![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Just like war......companies always like to heap a ton of crap on their employees just in time to make sure they wreck everyone's holidays.

11/23/2002 10:19:07 AM

Boomer-Member

Total Posts: 68
Last Post: 11/27/2002
Member #: 93

I wonder how long before or if there will be a Single Carrier filing?

ALPA, APA and AMR were rumored to be in discussions regarding joint flying on the aircraft transferred to Trans-States. S/C would be the mechanism to do that and create a single list for the work groups.

Most of the workgroups have complimentary pay scales that over lap, the benefits are about the same with the retirement system being the largest difference--for now.

The AE pay scales are complimenatary with respect to the top end of the AE scale and the bottom end of most AA scales.

The issue will be in the creation of a formula that allocates the number of positions(total compensation-both direct and indirect) with respect to the scale that slot occupies and the ability to move the slots between the two scales based on AMR profitability.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 7:00:24 AM WingNaPrayer wrote:
One thing your theory is going to present a problem to is the traveling public, who is not going to be inclined to make plane change after plane change to get where they're going, as would be the case with an over abundance of RJs in the fleet.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I think you're wrong WNP - people do and will continue to make a plane change after plane change to get to where they're going. It happens every day. For all the hype that SW is a point-to-point carrier their operations at say, BWI or MDW or PHX for example, look like a hub to me. From where I live, I can take a NW flight to DTW and connect on NW to wherever I need to get, or drive to DTW and take a AA, UA, DL, US flight to one of their hubs and connect there. If you live in a small community (small means less than 1 million) chances are (trends indicate) that flights to/from an airline hub will be a mix of RJs and maybe some mailine if you're lucky. If AA offers good value (value pricing 2) people will buy tickets on AA, even if it means travelling on an RJ.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 2:52:16 PM RV4 wrote:

I think compared to others in the industry, AA has not treated you badly or messed up your holiday. Given your apparent lifestyle and the bend over backwards assistance for that lifestyle, I would think someone like you would more grateful. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving anyway? Your martweb community maybe?

WNP has to be the most negative person on the planet.

I think the glass is still half full...

We need not ask his/her/its opinion, it is obvious to us all.

What makes you think the announcement is so negative? It could be bad news, put could also give a clue as to how AA intends to aviod the position of others in the industry.

AA has always been innovative and creative in ways that lead the industry.
----------------
[/blockquote]Can I have some of the stuff you are smoking!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 6:54:38 AM RV4 wrote:

It wont be long now.

Eagle and AA will become ONE. Scope clause regarding RJ's will become moot to Pilots. Many pieces of Eagle landing slots/turbo props will be sold off to pay for RJ's. Mechanics will then begin scratching their heads about WHY the maintenance on the RJ's was never an issue with the wonderful TWU. But since the TWU is docile, it also becomes moot. Mechanics will be forced to allow more outsourcing to maintain current pay levels and will forfeit scheduled pay raises.

Mainline flight expansion increases will begin using mostly RJ aircraft. Larger aircraft will be slowly phased out except International, overwater routes, and coast to coast flights. AA will become profitable through expansion not retraction.

Southwest better look out. The Big Dog is coming off of the porch to play.

Just my opinion of course, but it sounds good, and makes sense!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Interesting scenario but I highly doubt that there will be a full blown integration. It is probably more likely that the CRJ/s will go to AA, the SCOPE clause will be elminated except to prevent non AMR airlines from flying for AMR, and the APA and ALPA will negotiate some sort of list integration.

BTW, if you can find someone that wants to buy a turbo prop, call Bowler. They can/t GIVE those things away.

As much as I'd like it, I doubt seriously if a combining of companies will occur. There's just not much in it for AMR, especially if they can continue to violate ALPA and APA's contract. It'll take some pretty creative bargaining to make this happen.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 6:54:38 AM RV4 wrote:

It wont be long now.

Eagle and AA will become ONE. Scope clause regarding RJ's will become moot to Pilots. Many pieces of Eagle landing slots/turbo props will be sold off to pay for RJ's. Mechanics will then begin scratching their heads about WHY the maintenance on the RJ's was never an issue with the wonderful TWU. But since the TWU is docile, it also becomes moot. Mechanics will be forced to allow more outsourcing to maintain current pay levels and will forfeit scheduled pay raises.

Mainline flight expansion increases will begin using mostly RJ aircraft. Larger aircraft will be slowly phased out except International, overwater routes, and coast to coast flights. AA will become profitable through expansion not retraction.

Southwest better look out. The Big Dog is coming off of the porch to play.

Just my opinion of course, but it sounds good, and makes sense!
----------------
[/blockquote]

The chances of AA and AE merging are LESS THAN NIL!!! Its delusional at best!
I wonder why maintenance on the RJ's isn't an issue to the TWU? Maybe because TWU AE mechanics are already performing it I guess. Talk about a Non-issue. With everything going on in the airline world and half of us worried about losing our jobs there's just not a whole lot of talk going on by the AA mechanics about working on Eagle's RJ's. But what do I and my docile Industrial catch-all union know. I'm sure that ferocious Craft union up in MSP will soon have all the RJ's at Mesaba overhauled at the NWA hangers. With all the outsoucing of Mechanics work their concessionary CBA allows there should be plenty of hanger space available![img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

You should look a little deeper into the 38% farm out issue at NWA.[BR][BR]Answer a question for me.... What is the farm out percentage at American?[BR][BR][BR][A href=http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News&Information/NWA/SubcontractingLimits.PDF target=_blank]http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News&Information/NWA/SubcontractingLimits.PDF[/A]