Jun 8, 2004
Received: 09/01/04 17:09:16 EDT
Name: My Reason for voting NO this time
E-Mail:
Employer: SWA
Name:
E-Mail: MY REASONS FOR VOTING YES
Employer: SWA
Yes I would rather AMFA get us a new contract. If we were to turn this offer down, what mediator would side with the employees? NONE. I'm not saying that we don't need language change, b/c we do, however, job security is already there for the most part. Look at UAL, AA, and CAL they all have no lay-off clauses in there contracts and look at them now, and next month they are looking at 650 mechanics to get pink slips at UAL. I believe that a mediator would side with the co. due to: we are the highest paid, we have not recieved any cuts in pay or bennies, and SWA has not laid off a single maintenance employee. If SWA wanted to lay-off they would have used 9-11 to do it, THEY DID NOT. Everyone thinks that our contract maint. is increasing. when in fact our fleet has increased so much, that it only appears that way. We have pretty much remained at the 70-73%. The O/S I'm ok with, there's other areas that need improvement like disability, medical, some quality of life issues and I could go on and on... So don't sit there and think all of DAL is voting yes due to the money (WHAT MONEY) 3% is nothing. By the time you add in inflation and fuel cost, you will not see an increase at all. Bring on the rebuttles. BTW, I have been hearing alot of mechs in DAL changing their minds and voting no, this will be a close vote, so everyone better vote.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Where did you get verification of the 70 to 73% outsourcing numbers? I have been told by a reliable source that it is more like 80 to 85% range, but could not get this verified. Anyhow, I voted no today because I pay AMFA now and want them to negotiate a contract and then stand by it.

*copied from the mechanic

Interesting concept...." pay AMFA now and want them to negotiate a contract and then stand by it."..does that mean they could no longer blame another union? Start accepting responsibility? Probably not happen.

NightWatch, one of the biggest differences between the twu and AMFA is with AMFA the membership controls the happenings of the union. Are you suggesting the membership cannot handle the decision making?

EMPOWER THE MEMBERSHIP, AMFA NOW!!!