East flying from PHX

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Noticed the other day, that the East Metal will be flying several flights from Phx other then to East Hubs. If I remeber correctly, East will fly PHX-CUN,ORD,SAN,SEA. Any I missed?

Noticed the other day, that the East Metal will be flying several flights from Phx other then to East Hubs. If I remeber correctly, East will fly PHX-CUN,ORD,SAN,SEA. Any I missed?

You can also add BOS. I wonder how the ticket counter is going to handle the new flying? If you are on this SEA flight go to that tkt counter, etc......Its confusing enough with just PHL and PIT being flown by both East and West. Also is the East side going to need to hire more employees to work the new flights?

Also is the East side going to need to hire more employees to work the new flights?

Doubt it. These are likely more examples of the increased utilization of aircraft/crews from the East side for more optimal efficiency more closely resembling the West side.

What will be interesting is to see how the East Reserves respond to the additional flying. When Recalls were announced this past Spring, there was a huge outcry from the Reserves complaining they were not even making their time. Don't worry folks, Tempe wants you to fly as much as the West f/a's, which to them is your minimum guarantee and nothing more.

Did you mean "no less", or does Tempe really not want reserves to fly over guarantee?

Jim

Just going by what I've heard from Westies, but my understanding based on what I've been told is that West Reserves for the most part fly scheduled trips reaching approximately 70-75 hours per month (minimum guarantee) but have a difficult time flying more unless they give up off days to pick up trips, and that the company wants it this way. They continue to hire on the West side as well, last I heard, 9 more new hire f/a classes will be going through into Fall.

Thanks - just wanted to make sure. Makes sense. They don't pay out a lot of money for reserves sitting around not flying and still have reserves available for irregular ops. I would have just thought that the ideal would be for all reserves to fly just over guarantee.

You can also add BOS. I wonder how the ticket counter is going to handle the new flying? If you are on this SEA flight go to that tkt counter, etc......Its confusing enough with just PHL and PIT being flown by both East and West. Also is the East side going to need to hire more employees to work the new flights?

They do that in SFO. I saw it. It was a complete mess. Completely. The elite line was longer than the regular line, and they had about 5 working kiosks. I hit the regular line, and vowed that I'll stop at a Kinkos and print my BP rather than deal with that again. Or fly UA metal.