East Pilot Recalls

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
Just heard this today, so take it for what it's worth. Anyways, individual about 10 from bottom got called for July 9th. Class. That's only the third class of about 20 recallees/class they are trying to fill, for the current 160 recalls. He bypassed, but was told expect another phone call next week for the take it or leave it. As those letters are going out today. She also said that, the bounce was going to be from the bottom of the Actual furloughees, and not the CEL guys on the bottom of the list. Said that all the furloughees will have to be hit with the take it or leave it offer, before any grp II is offered to a CEL guy......dunno how they figure that works.....

Again, just 3rd hand, but looks like the recall is bouncing off the bottom for just the third class, out of about 8.

I agree that they are VERY close to "bouncing of the bottom" with take it or leave it offers. But your information about the CEL pilots is not correct. CEL pilots are being contacted for Group II positions at this time. The first ones will be in July classes...

Well good to hear, as I said it was third hand from the guy that's 10 from the bottom. Charmane told him to expect his take it or leave it call next week. As they were going to bounce on the original guys before the CEL were allowed Grp II. This I would think is BS as it would allow a CEL guy longer to make his decision to accept or resign, etc etc........

And as I said, just what I heard, but the letters were definately going out today. Now are there any CEL guys that aren't going to take the recall?

But your information about the CEL pilots is not correct. CEL pilots are being contacted for Group II positions at this time.
Glad to hear that - cause technically there is no such thing as a CEL pilot on the mainline list. They are former CEL pilots who are now just another furloughed mainline pilot.

Jim

Well good to hear, as I said it was third hand from the guy that's 10 from the bottom. Charmane told him to expect his take it or leave it call next week. As they were going to bounce on the original guys before the CEL were allowed Grp II. ...

The "CEL" pilots mentioned here are probably the 39 pilots hired by America West but not on the seniority list.

Well good to hear, as I said it was third hand from the guy that's 10 from the bottom. Charmane told him to expect his take it or leave it call next week. As they were going to bounce on the original guys before the CEL were allowed Grp II. This I would think is BS as it would allow a CEL guy longer to make his decision to accept or resign, etc etc........

And as I said, just what I heard, but the letters were definately going out today. Now are there any CEL guys that aren't going to take the recall?

If the guy is 10 from the bottom then he's obviously a CEL pilot as the bottom 100 or so are all CEL....Or are they only considered mainline guys for seniority integration purposes? I have never heard of a more self-serving pilot group than the good ol Us Air guys/gals. What a joke.....

If the guy is 10 from the bottom then he's obviously a CEL pilot as the bottom 100 or so are all CEL....Or are they only considered mainline guys for seniority integration purposes? I have never heard of a more self-serving pilot group than the good ol Us Air guys/gals. What a joke.....
The term CEL pilot is used for these guys mostly so everyone knows who is being talked about. Boeing Boys post is correct about the status of the EX CEL pilots. These pilots have had US Airways seniority numbers since 2004.

The term CEL pilot is used for these guys mostly so everyone knows who is being talked about. Boeing Boys post is correct about the status of the EX CEL pilots. These pilots have had US Airways seniority numbers since 2004.

what i am referring to is that according to the info here the CEL pilots are being treated differently with regards to recalls. However when we were arguing before Nicalaou they were vehemently defended as full fledged mainline pilots. It is another example of the self serving nature of AAA pilots. When the CEL pilots could help the AAA pilots they were welcomed with open arms other than that they are considered second class citizens.

To be honest, if they were skipping the CEL pilots (and it sounds like they're not) and bouncing up the list early that would NEGATIVELY effect those of us who continue to bypass.

So it wouldn't be self-serving at all. For those of us who continue to bypass it is in our best interest that as many pilots junior to us as possible remain on furlough.

(I realize the irony of that self-serving statement. ;)

what i am referring to is that according to the info here the CEL pilots are being treated differently with regards to recalls. However when we were arguing before Nicalaou they were vehemently defended as full fledged mainline pilots. It is another example of the self serving nature of AAA pilots. When the CEL pilots could help the AAA pilots they were welcomed with open arms other than that they are considered second class citizens.

The CEL pilots are not being treated any differently for this recall. They are on the list and being called in seniority order. I think Phoenix had it right. The "CEL" pilots mentioned on the opening post are the AWA poolies. The plan has been for some time to offer positions to the 39 AWA poolies after they went through the list.

Well just an update...

It appears today was a busy day. The present recall may very well hit bottom today. I just accepted a July 9th class for a group II position. I am a former CEL pilot about 60 numbers from the bottom. They will probably start with the "take it or leave it" offers this week...

The big question is, how many more spots remain vacant in this bid?

Because in subsequent bids they will have to once again start at the TOP of the list of furloughees and work their way down.

That I have no idea. I do know they have reached a friend of mine that is 8 numbers from the bottom of the list. They may have very well reached the bottom already. I will post any information when I find out...

edited to add:

BTW, that guy 8 from the bottom, accepted a group II position, and there are still 190 slots to fill on this bid...
By the time the next bid comes out, there may not be a list to start at the top of...

I believe what I heard was 2 classes in June, 3 in July and 2 in August. +- 20/class. So with your July 9th class. that would leave somewhere around 100 spots still to fill.

Your comment on the 190 position though. I believe those were all filled inbetween the last bid and this bid. But of course those are opening up, with the guys that took 190 now being upgraded to Grp II. So I'd say somewhere around 100 positions???

The end of the list WAS officially reached today for this recall. They are now going back up the list with a "take it or leave it" offer. Since there are still Group II positions avaiable, there will not be an opportunity to by-pass. According to Charmane, when she reached the bottom of the list, there were still 73 open positions.