Easy Customer Service Improvements

Nov 17, 2007
As a longtime US1 and someone who flies US every week, I'd like to suggest a few customer service improvements that I see as costing very little but adding much value.

1. One of the biggest issues I see with US is the whole unruly boarding process. This could be solved easily by boarding the First Class cabin first letting them get settled and moving forward with the Elite boarding and so on. So many times the GA calls Zone 1 and 40 people or more try and board. The aisles get clogged and it really stalls the boarding. A more orderly boarding process will be faster.

2. Serve the pre-flight drink please. I fly in F about 98% of the time and only get a preflight about 30 percent.

3. FA's please be attentive to your FC customers. 1 drink run from TPA to PHX is unacceptable. Having to ask for more water while you are reading the USA Today or Vogue in the galley is Totally Unacceptable. I have been on board flights were the PAX are making jokes about the FA's chatting amongst themselves rather than serving the customer.

4. Understand that many of your PAX are working too. I travel 85% of the time for business.

5. Please stop telling us you are the cleaning crew. It's very unprofessional.

I'am a regular USairway customer. Make my experience the best you can. And I will kepp coming back.

As a longtime US1 and someone who flies US every week, I'd like to suggest a few customer service improvements that I see as costing very little but adding much value.

1. One of the biggest issues I see with US is the whole unruly boarding process. This could be solved easily by boarding the First Class cabin first letting them get settled and moving forward with the Elite boarding and so on. So many times the GA calls Zone 1 and 40 people or more try and board. The aisles get clogged and it really stalls the boarding. A more orderly boarding process will be faster.

2. Serve the pre-flight drink please. I fly in F about 98% of the time and only get a preflight about 30 percent.

3. FA's please be attentive to your FC customers. 1 drink run from TPA to PHX is unacceptable. Having to ask for more water while you are reading the USA Today or Vogue in the galley is Totally Unacceptable. I have been on board flights were the PAX are making jokes about the FA's chatting amongst themselves rather than serving the customer.

4. Understand that many of your PAX are working too. I travel 85% of the time for business.

I'am a regular USairway customer. Make my experience the best you can. And I will kepp coming back.

Okay...Let me breathe first...
If this was a West flight, I am amazed. If the flight is late, we are not required to do a pre departure drink anymore.. It holds up boarding.. 1 drink run. That is hilarious. Did you have glassware on your flight? If not, it was not an West flight. If it was I am sorry. There is no reason not to attend to all f/c pax's all during the flight. Cleaning crew??? Only stock the lavs, and make sure they are supplied, doesn't make me a cleaner, please...Just stocked for the next pax. I can't imagine any fa not up to your standards whether it was east or west, we do our best. Sorry you had a bad experience, it is not the usual for this to happen. Sometimes we get pax's in f/c no matter what we do is not good enough? Sorry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Okay...Let me breathe first...
If this was a West flight, I am amazed. If the flight is late, we are not required to do a pre departure drink anymore.. It holds up boarding.. 1 drink run. That is hilarious. Did you have glassware on your flight? If not, it was not an West flight. If it was I am sorry. There is no reason not to attend to all f/c pax's all during the flight. Cleaning crew??? Only stock the lavs, and make sure they are supplied, doesn't make me a cleaner, please...Just stocked for the next pax. I can't imagine any fa not up to your standards whether it was east or west, we do our best. Sorry you had a bad experience, it is not the usual for this to happen. Sometimes we get pax's in f/c no matter what we do is not good enough? Sorry. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your contempt for the customer is obvious from your post. Indeed, the FA's on my last 3 flights both east and west announced they were the "cleaning crew". What you actually have to do is your business.

The whole East vs West business is very tiring to us customers.

I was on a PHX to LAX flight just 2 weeks ago when the flight crew was so unresponsive that the pax were making jokes. They were more interested in chatting amongst themselves than making sure we were comfortable and safe.

So instead of seeing my comments as perception from your paying customer and using the info to improve. You make excuses.

Your contempt for the customer is obvious from your post. Indeed, the FA's on my last 3 flights both east and west announced they were the "cleaning crew". What you actually have to do is your business.

The whole East vs West business is very tiring to us customers.

I was on a PHX to LAX flight just 2 weeks ago when the flight crew was so unresponsive that the pax were making jokes. They were more interested in chatting amongst themselves than making sure we were comfortable and safe.

So instead of seeing my comments as perception from your paying customer and using the info to improve. You make excuses.
You have it so wrong. No fa states they are "cleaning crew", what is that??? Making jokes about us fa's is your problem. I am very attentive to all my pax's!! You are a newbie on this thread. I never have any excuses on any of my flights, because I do try and make all my pax's feel good about there inflight experience. I am no kool aid drinker either, just a good ole westie, with good morals!! And I meant my first post, sorry it didn't work out. Don't try and make me out like the bad guy! Sometimes your expectations are a little high??? A 40 minute flight, hello??? What am I suppose to do in that time, but give you a smile and a beverage, that is right! :D

This is not really the forum for your complaints. You should write to the company--e or snail mail--giving the date, flight number, your name and seat number, and tell the company about your experience. And, do it every time you have a similar experience.

By the same token, you should also write the company and tell them whenever you receive exemplary service from a flight attendant(s). It gives your complaints credibility.

If you fly US Airways as often as you say, I'm sure you are in their FF program. Be sure to include your membership number also. Unless they are complete idiots, they will take note and take action.

Just FYI, I am an AA flight attendant. Another f/a in my base was just fired for failure to provide minimum standard service in First Class. One of our (very) FFs was on the flight and wrote a letter. The company's investigation (which included calling and talking with several of the F/C passengers) confirmed the FF's experience.

F/C is 'board at your leisure'.

Preflight drinks are served unless the flight is delayed like WCT said. It's not usual to skip drinks.

Again, unusual and probably exaggerated.

Condescending remark.

Never heard this said by any crew. Again, unusual and exaggerated.

It's obvious that you don't fly as much as you think you do.

And what is your line of work?

This is not really the forum for your complaints. You should write to the company--e or snail mail--giving the date, flight number, your name and seat number, and tell the company about your experience. And, do it every time you have a similar experience.

By the same token, you should also write the company and tell them whenever you receive exemplary service from a flight attendant(s). It gives your complaints credibility.

If you fly US Airways as often as you say, I'm sure you are in their FF program. Be sure to include your membership number also. Unless they are complete idiots, they will take note and take action.
Exactly. Right on. Most of us have been in this business a long time. If you have a problem, I would recommend wriitng the DOT. Complaining to USAir will get you nowhere.

You have it so wrong. No fa states they are "cleaning crew", what is that??? Making jokes about us fa's is your problem. I am very attentive to all my pax's!! You are a newbie on this thread. I never have any excuses on any of my flights, because I do try and make all my pax's feel good about there inflight experience. I am no kool aid drinker either, just a good ole westie, with good morals!! And I meant my first post, sorry it didn't work out. Don't try and make me out like the bad guy! Sometimes your expectations are a little high??? A 40 minute flight, hello??? What am I suppose to do in that time, but give you a smile and a beverage, that is right! :D

Instead of being so defensive, understand that my comments are the way I see it. "Customer Perception" is everything in a service business.

I hope you are taking care of me on my next TPA to PHX flight.

Just FYI, I am an AA flight attendant. Another f/a in my base was just fired for failure to provide minimum standard service in First Class. One of our (very) FFs was on the flight and wrote a letter. The company's investigation (which included calling and talking with several of the F/C passengers) confirmed the FF's experience.
And are you proud this fa lost there job?? Just because they didn't give mimimum standard service? How sick is that?? I don't think any pax would feel good about that either!?? :down:

Instead of being so defensive, understand that my comments are the way I see it. "Customer Perception" is everything in a service business.

I hope you are taking care of me on my next TPA to PHX flight.
I am sorry the perception was bad. I look foward to taking care of you on any of my flights. I am an old America West fa, you better bet I will!! :up: If you ask Piney, I have a great Stepford stare, you bet!! :lol: :lol:

And what is your line of work?

I work in the Health Care industry and travel 40 weeks a year primarily on US.

I thought I would just let these folks on the front line understand what we see.

You can be sarcastic and insulting or use the information to your benefit.

These were not complaints.

BTW I do hand out the A&B certificates to any employee at US that makes my experience that much better.

I thought I would just let these folks on the front line understand what we see.

BTW I do hand out the A&B certificates to any employee at US that makes my experience that much better.
Thank you! :up:

I work in the Health Care industry as well.

Just so the next crew will be able to recognize you for that A&B...Is this you?View attachment 6780

I can understand how an FA would object to the original post. And I can understand how one might say that these things don't happen. If the FA doesn't do it him/herself then their good example would spur the laggard FAs and they wouldn't see the deficiencies.

Having said all that, the OP has observed exactly right, in my experience as a CP out of PHL. 30% preflight drink is optimistric in my experience. The excuse of not serving if running late, whether policy or not is jive most of the time. There is so much FAT in the boarding process that it certainly could be done, esp in the shrunken FCs that we have now.

I certainly have heard the clean-up crew remark more than a few times (though I wasn't offended)