Economics

tech2101

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
Reality
Visit site
Is History Siding With Obama’s Economic Plan?

I call the first fact the Great Partisan Growth Divide. Simply put, the United States economy has grown faster, on average, under Democratic presidents than under Republicans.

The stark contrast between the whiz-bang Clinton years and the dreary Bush years is familiar because it is so recent. But while it is extreme, it is not atypical. Data for the whole period from 1948 to 2007, during which Republicans occupied the White House for 34 years and Democrats for 26, show average annual growth of real gross national product of 1.64 percent per capita under Republican presidents versus 2.78 percent under Democrats.

That 1.14-point difference, if maintained for eight years, would yield 9.33 percent more income per person, which is a lot more than almost anyone can expect from a tax cut.

Source

Is History Siding With Obama’s Economic Plan?

Source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GREAT quote 'tech", but unfortunately, we've got some "REAL BEAUTIES" on here, who would put those FACTS aside in favor of "Tub thumping" Religous Fanaticism and BLIND Patriotism !!!

(I think that the National Guard's newest commercial.(w/"junior" "88")..."Warrior", and the ..Praying Hands at ORU have subconciously Permanently BLINDED certain folks in this country.)
(Speaking of Oral Roberts, did his "LEMMINGS" ever get him all the $$$$ he needed to stay alive) ? :down:

G-M-A-F-B....will ya !!!!

Hey Pain, got a question. Now that the price of gas is coming down are you experiencing less pain at the pump? And will the pain ever go away? I'm just askin...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honest question that will get you a respectful answer !

My last fill-up was at $3.61 gal.

If someone were to inquire about what I thought at paying $3.61 I'd reply............."look at the FIRST digit..."3"."

We shouldn't be paying "3-Anything" !!!...PERIOD !

$2.99 9/10 I can live with.

But $3 and $4 a gallon woke this country up a bit. We were able to reduce our driving by 15 billion miles (IIRC) in a year. Perhaps now we can start to develop alternative fuels that we should have done decades ago. If prices come down, the urgency could be lost and cost us all far far more some where down the line. The biggest problem this country has is it's inability to think past tomorrow. If we do not start worrying about 30 years down line, I believe we are screwed.

But $3 and $4 a gallon woke this country up a bit. We were able to reduce our driving by 15 billion miles (IIRC) in a year. Perhaps now we can start to develop alternative fuels that we should have done decades ago. If prices come down, the urgency could be lost and cost us all far far more some where down the line. The biggest problem this country has is it's inability to think past tomorrow. If we do not start worrying about 30 years down line, I believe we are screwed.
Don't hold your breath. American's have proven quite capable of adapting to a "lower" gas price after a high month or so. I'll be willing to bet you gas won't drop much below $3.50 a gallon. And it won't spur alternatives. Alternative fuels would not be profitable until gas is around $6 a gallon, so nobody is going to "invest" in a money losing venture today. We'll just get used to $3.50 and start looking at the 09 SUV's.

Don't hold your breath. American's have proven quite capable of adapting to a "lower" gas price after a high month or so. I'll be willing to bet you gas won't drop much below $3.50 a gallon. And it won't spur alternatives. Alternative fuels would not be profitable until gas is around $6 a gallon, so nobody is going to "invest" in a money losing venture today. We'll just get used to $3.50 and start looking at the 09 SUV's.

In live in Virginia Beach and just paid $3.379 for a gallon of gas. 45 clams to top off the Camry.