Effects on US Base Maintenance in CLT post AA merger

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
With more news coming about the AA-US merger, How would CLT Base Maintenance fare in front of AA base maintenance in Tulsa ?

My dad was telling me that it is a possibility that CLT ops could be moved to TUL. What do you people think ?

Well I guess your dad hasnt read the IAM/US CBA where it states what the headcount must be and heavy mtc is protected in CLT, PIT and PHX.

Well I guess your dad hasnt read the IAM/US CBA where it states what the headcount must be and heavy mtc is protected in CLT, PIT and PHX.

Friendly and helpful as always. Maybe his dad isn't a mechanic, maybe in your haste to play the forum bridge troll you did not consider this.

Reactions: 5 people
A merger would more than likely bring a new contract so quoting the current contract is useless.

Jim

Reactions: 4 people
Friendly and helpful as always. Maybe his dad isn't a mechanic, maybe in your haste to play the forum bridge troll you did not consider this.

Don't mind him CJ, he likes bullying younger people...If these forums were around when he was a little tyke, he probably would have been asking questions on how to stock blue juice the correct way....

Reactions: 3 people
Don't mind him CJ, he likes bullying younger people...If these forums were around when he was a little tyke, he probably would have been asking questions on how to stock blue juice the correct way....

But I'll bet you can answer that question. You can probably get through an entire shift now without blue and green stains on your coveralls.

There is no heavy mx in phx...
The protected headcount is something like 600ish. Not a whole lot of people.

There is no heavy mx in phx...
The protected headcount is something like 600ish. Not a whole lot of people.

Correct.

Actually base is only protected in CLT and PIT, and the number is 675. That includes Leads, AMT's, Inspectors, Utility and Lead Utility combined. They can continue to use the PHX hanger as maintenance, though.

But it could be 674 in CLT and 1 in PIT..... OR..... 1 in CLT and 674 in PIT, and they would still be within the contract.

Article 2 of the IAM/US CBA:

Base work will be performed in both CLT and PIT. The Company will continue to utilize the PHX hangar facility for aircraft maintenance.

... heavy mtc is protected in CLT, PIT and PHX.

There is no heavy mx in phx. You even posted it from the CBA. Only that aircraft mx will be done in the hangar. They could just use it for OTS. The only protection phx has is as a line station