Employee Buttons

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Employee Buttons

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - With several milestones under its belt, US Airways is communicating this positive shift to employees and customers in the form of airport banners, counter cards and buttons for employees with face-to-face customer contact. These latest efforts are an extension of the major newspaper and online advertising initiatives conducted in late January that indicated the “Clear Skies Aheadâ€￾ message.

This rollout is “acknowledging the significant accomplishments we have made due to the dedication of our employees and the support of our customers and partners,â€￾ said Bruce Ashby, executive vice president of Marketing and Planning.

Starting this week, the “Clear Skies Aheadâ€￾ buttons will be distributed to US Airways and US Airways Express employees. The stylish buttons, which were crafted in plastic for ease in clearing airport security, may be worn in accordance with certain guidelines. Details about the correct way to wear buttons can be found on theHub’s “Employee Connectionâ€￾ page. Click “Uniformsâ€￾ and then “Clear Skies Ahead Button Guidelinesâ€￾ under “Uniforms and Accessories.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot

The wearing of the “Clear Skies Aheadâ€￾ buttons is voluntary. Ashby encourages employees to wear their buttons “as a symbol of our company’s unity and a subtle reminder to the public that US Airways is here to stay.â€￾

:shock: with all due respect - U CANT BE SERIOUS!! The public contact emplyees are in 20 + yr old unifroms, the airplanes are flithy dirty, we dont have supplies for the a/c...we are ALL undertstaffed and UNDER, HIGHLY underAPPRECIATED...and all they can think of doing is giving us tacky, cheap buttons.. COME ON NOW!!!! Clean tha airplanes, update our OUTDATED image and move forward with this BLOODY TRANSFORMATION plan. Enough crap of tastless banners and crappy promotional BS.... Please enough is enough!!!!!!!

NAPAUS said:
:shock: with all due respect - U CANT BE SERIOUS!! The public contact emplyees are in 20 + yr old unifroms, the airplanes are flithy dirty, we dont have supplies for the a/c...we are ALL undertstaffed and UNDER, HIGHLY underAPPRECIATED...and all they can think of doing is giving us tacky, cheap buttons.. COME ON NOW!!!! Clean tha airplanes, update our OUTDATED image and move forward with this BLOODY TRANSFORMATION plan. Enough crap of tastless banners and crappy promotional BS.... Please enough is enough!!!!!!!
[post="249696"][/post]​

A few suggestions:

-Adopt a new livery for the aircraft. The stodgy scheme that was selected by Steven Wolf back in 1996 just doesn't cut it these days. Since the Transformation Plan relies heavily on Caribbean/Central America flying, pick something fun but professional. A little color (not gray!) would be welcome. This would also enhance safety by making the planes more easily seen on the tarmac after dark or inclement weather.

-Same for the employees uniforms. The current uniforms have been around since before the U-PSA-PI merger. Also make the uniforms unique to the job. You can't tell a flight attendant from a pilot or an agent these days. Make customer service personnel more visible so they can be easily found in a crowded terminal environment.

-Encourage employees to take more pride in their work surroundings. Been in a Men's Room in the crew room in PHL, PIT, or CLT lately? Disgusting. Not to mention the graffiti applied to most of the walls by supposed adults. Shameful and embarrassing. Spruce up all USAirways properties at airports as necessary. Are there mangement types responsible for this?

-What kind of airline does USAirways want to be? Someone make a decision and go with it. The First Class product is sadly lacking and except for the larger seating accomodation can hardly be perceived as "first class" by a savvy customer. Coach is not much better than what SWA offers. The Buy-on-Board program can never seem to offer an appropriate number of meals for the passenger load. Who is accountable to make that happen?

So there was a bit of good news. Air Wisconsin providing some exit financing.

Sadly, there is still no real plan and no true leadership to take the airline forward even if it survives.

ok lets all pitch in and buy them... come one guys lets at least know someone is doing some marketing...

And another thing!.......
I am still getting over those tacky banners they put up all over the B/C terminals in PHL. It looks stunning right next to the ripped apart podiums that were never removed...the filthy carpets and the holes in the walls. The whole place look like it got hit by an earthquake but by all means, lets throw up tacky banners and POOF...everything looks fabulous! :rolleyes:
Now I get to wear some tacky plastic button on my 20 year old uniform? No thanks. Please, they will never update anything with uniforms. If we are lucky they will give us a plastic bag of new buttons to sew on ourselves like the last time.
I won't go into the aircraft because it may cause me to have a nervous breakdown. Needless to say I carry 2 things on my trips. A can of LYSOL and FEBREEZE. I wonder if the health department would condemn some of the 737-757 fleet?
Oh well....it's fascinating that you can EAT off the jetways in DCA but the ones in PHL are just beyond help. At this point they will need to be total refurbished...that's after they take a leaf blower and blow out all the dust bunnies.
OK.....enough on that....I won't get too riled up.

I'd try cleaning the seatbacks and lavs in the 733s and 734s, the trey table compartment in F on the buses, or any number of other ways that money is better spent by an airline that is operating under bankruptcy court protection and still needs $100 million plus to exit bankruptcy...

Here's a simple idea that would do a lot more to improve moral than another stupid button.......

Bruce Lakefield takes a pay cut like everyone else......so what if it's a pimple.....It would sure speak volumes to the employees.......

Schatzee said:
Bruce Lakefield takes a pay cut like everyone else......so what if it's a pimple.....It would sure speak volumes to the employees.......
[post="249728"][/post]​
It would. I'd applaud it if he would, for the very reason you suggest.

USAirBoyA330 said:
And another thing!.......
I am still getting over those tacky banners they put up all over the B/C terminals in PHL. It looks stunning right next to the ripped apart podiums that were never removed...the filthy carpets and the holes in the walls. The whole place look like it got hit by an earthquake but by all means, lets throw up tacky banners and POOF...everything looks fabulous! :rolleyes:
Now I get to wear some tacky plastic button on my 20 year old uniform? No thanks. Please, they will never update anything with uniforms. If we are lucky they will give us a plastic bag of new buttons to sew on ourselves like the last time.
I won't go into the aircraft because it may cause me to have a nervous breakdown. Needless to say I carry 2 things on my trips. A can of LYSOL and FEBREEZE. I wonder if the health department would condemn some of the 737-757 fleet?
Oh well....it's fascinating that you can EAT off the jetways in DCA but the ones in PHL are just beyond help. At this point they will need to be total refurbished...that's after they take a leaf blower and blow out all the dust bunnies.
OK.....enough on that....I won't get too riled up.
[post="249703"][/post]​

Lol...you made my night. :D

Who wants to bet the button makers get stuck holding a bill without getting paid!

If you stick your self with one of those buttons you wont bleed the company has made sure no blood is left

If I remember correctly they gave out stupid buttons right after the first bankruptcy, wow they really worked!

PineyBob said:
I love guys like you! Always negative!

I love that US Airways refuses to die! Every day they continue in business just proves you wrong and I'm loving it.

So they try to improve morale and do a little PR with the PHL folks and you just blast away.
[post="249711"][/post]​
:p BECause, U DONT WORK there....what does it take for U to understand...We have to be IN the nasty, dirty, flithy environment day in and day out. We are the ones keeping IT alive.... Enough out of your mouth...enjoy ur upgrades and have another drink....Its OUR airline not urz...try walking a mile in our shoes THEn U can comment.. Im so tired of listening to ur rantings..