Employee Morale

totobird

Senior
Nov 26, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Now that the employee morale has sunk to an all time low I am convinced U will be out of business in the next few months.
In a sevice industry the only way you have happy customers is to have happy employees.
Not fuel prices nor the economy will sink this ship but the employees attitude towards the company.
God Bless Us All !!!!!!!!!!

you can't believe how bad morale is .. and i'm at a mainline express station....
people are getting tired of all this bullsh*t....we're getting slammed Psa flights cancelled beacuse of NO CREW.......other express carriers cancelled because of a BROKEN AIRCRAFT....at least 2 flights a day xld...... the passengers are getting really sick of this sh*t and how much more can i smile and say SORRY
my face is ready to crack we are having such a turnover .. even the new employees are leaving in droves... not good. and the ones that are staying are getting their asses kicked in... (and every flight is full)...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

Hang in there TG,

Things will get better....

TravelGirl21 said:
you can't believe how bad morale is .. and i'm at a mainline express station....
people are getting tired of all this bullsh*t....we're getting slammed Psa flights cancelled beacuse of NO CREW.......other express carriers cancelled because of a BROKEN AIRCRAFT....at least 2 flights a day xld...... the passengers are getting really sick of this sh*t and how much more can i smile and say SORRY
my face is ready to crack we are having such a turnover .. even the new employees are leaving in droves... not good. and the ones that are staying are getting their asses kicked in... (and every flight is full)...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:
[post="191567"][/post]​

Morale? There is No morale left in Res! Tonight was the worst yet. The productivity level was zero. This group is P*#$@! off and demoralized!!!

Where were the union reps? There were many questions and many agents that wanted to voice their opinions on what transpired today. Chris Fox was called by an agent and asked why she wasn't there and she chose to ignore the question! Hiding in the union office was the answer. A lot of the agents would now definately prefer to be furloughed than to put up with the crap in this dept. with this type of paycut!

This was a sad day for US employees!!!!

The only person in charge of how you feel is your self. The questions you ask your self or the statements you make to your self determine how you feel.

If you want to be miserable I guarantee you will be miserable.

Nobody likes what is happening to the network carriers. Today Delta gave some very stark news and they're almost certainly going into bankruptcy and United told the bankruptcy court in their Omnibus hearing they need to terminate DB pensions, seek deeper labor cuts, and are preparing a S.1113 motion too.

People have two choices: embrace the change and continue to do the best job possible or accept the changes and use the new contract changes as a bridge to a new career.

As I have said before, nobody likes the cuts, which are being driven by the marketplace, the ATSB, and key creditors, but the cuts are here and will not go away.

Therefore, the choice is simple: be miserable or do something to change your state of mind.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Just one more point...

Optimists look at a glass as half full and pessimists look at a glass half empty. The same thing can be said about the pay cuts. A person can say I kept 79% of my pay versus zero or I took a devastating 21% pay cut.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

TG, you are correct things are horrible for you on the frontline, and my thoughts are with you.

I noticed most of the transatlantic flights out of PHL were delayed tonight for mechanical, baggage or cabin servicing, and even though I understood, I felt dismay, as the counter and the res agents were having to put up with the disgruntled passengers.

However, in saying that and as Bobcat said we were pretty down in res tonight, everyone around me was continuing to be professional to the passenger and that was heartening, as they are still my bread and butter, even if it is less 21%.

What was really in poor taste was as soon as the cut was announced management went around putting up signs everywhere that we had to fill out 2 pay sheets instead of one for this pay period, and I mean as soon as it was announced. It is pretty hard to be optimistic 320pilot when management are busy rubbing salt into the wound. :down:

Another slap in the face to Res., on this incredibly "F'ed" up day was the bulletin that was posted about the discount coupons for the Alabama Retirement group. Fat chance seats will be available in the near future for that particular coupon! Yeah, US has no money but those Alabamies keep getting those discounts!

Justaramper:

Do I like this? No, of course not, but nobody, I mean nobody, is forcing you to stay at US Airways or be miserable. It's your choice, period. Either the company evolves into a LCC or it fails.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320 loves to pontificate and preach. The simple fact is that it's only human to have your feelings (not you USA, you've shown repeatedly you don't have any). It sucks but you've gotta go through it and then maybe the light of a better day, and a better job, will begin to shine through.

That's my attitude at UAL anyway. I know it ain't good and it's going to get worse. I have no illusions. All I can do is the best I can, and hope that I get things up and running for myself before it becomes unendurable.

I'm feeling for you guys (most of you) at U. It's a sad day. There will be a better day in your futures, I'm sure of it. Be good to yourselves, and ignore the stepford employees on this forum.

I stayed away from this forum for weeks because I needed a break. I need to vent again and now I am back. So sad for you 320 because as much as you want to disregard and pack away the feelings you may have - I refuse to do so. I tell my children day in and day out that no question is stupid and their feelings are always welcome regardless of their opinions. You will see a mass exodus within the next few months and I gaurantee that the only way this airline will survive is because of sacrificial lambs (namely you and I). My anger is justified. It was justified in May when they were asking for more than what was granted in court today. I try to be optimistic in every aspect of my life; however, reality cannot be denied. Reality is that this company survived for the past 2 years on labors back and this time it is destroying people's lives. What better indicator is there of injustice when passengers start calling you and telling you that they would be willing to pay just a little more for a ticket to close the gap in pay cuts. Or when you get someone on the phone that says, "I think it's absurd that they are taking so much and the CEO needs to take a 50% cut." My lord, we are talking about consumers starting to get pissed at the wages getting cut.

You can harp on the take it or leave it issue all you want. I will leave it; but I will still show anger at the corruption, ineptitude, and mismanagement of this company and others as long as it rears its ugly head. There are rights and wrongs in this world and I will take my last breath fighting "the wrongs". As long as there are people willing to sustain the BOHICAs of this world it will continue until every last one of us takes our last dying breath.

Well said spacewaitress!

spacewaitress said:
USA320 loves to pontificate and preach. The simple fact is that it's only human to have your feelings (not you USA, you've shown repeatedly you don't have any). It sucks but you've gotta go through it and then maybe the light of a better day, and a better job, will begin to shine through.

That's my attitude at UAL anyway. I know it ain't good and it's going to get worse. I have no illusions. All I can do is the best I can, and hope that I get things up and running for myself before it becomes unendurable.

I'm feeling for you guys (most of you) at U. It's a sad day. There will be a better day in your futures, I'm sure of it. Be good to yourselves, and ignore the stepford employees on this forum.
[post="191591"][/post]​

youngblood,

I wonder if any is call the employees of JetBlue, AirTran, ATA, AWA, or Spirit and asking them to charge more so they can come up to legacy airline pay?

Most pax want the cheapest fair, and will go where they have to go to get it. We must be able to deliver that at a profit.

youngblood said:
and this time it is destroying people's lives. What better indicator is there of injustice when passengers start calling you and telling you that they would be willing to pay just a little more for a ticket to close the gap in pay cuts.
[post="191612"][/post]​