Employee Trip to the Price Is Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaflyboy

Dec 28, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
We've had flyers up all over the PHX station, but thought I'd pass it along to everyone system wide - the more the merrier!

US Airways Price Is Right Group Trip for The 2009 Christmas Week Tapings on Monday, November 9th and Tuesday, November 10th.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Celebrate the season with the Price Is Right! Who knows, you might even win a brand new car to put in your stocking!

We have 20 slots available for each day’s taping, after those fill up we’ll have an alternate list. The last few tapings we used up all our alternates so even if you’re an alternate you have a great chance! Each time we’ve gone someone from our group gets picked and 90% make it on stage!

As of this posting we have about 7 slots still open for each day.

Each time we have had a group trip to the tapings, someone from our group has been called into contestant’s row with over 90% of them making it on stage to play a game! In the past time, one of our Ramp Agents won the Showcase and a time before that a Ticket Counter Agent won a car valued over $80,000! So be prepared to have lots of fun!

Check in for each day’s taping is at 12noon. The show tapes at 4pm - why so long between check in and taping? Since the show picks the contestants from the studio audience, it takes that long to process and interview the 300 people that the studio holds!

The Studio is located at CBS TELEVISION CITY 7800 BEVERLY BLVD. LOS ANGELES, CA 90036. You will be respsonsible for taking the time off from work to attend as well as transportation to and from the Studio. If you need help with transportation please indicate so on the signup form and we will do our best to set up carpools from the airport to the studio.

We’ll be wearing the same group t-shirts that we wore the last two tapings, if you need one the cost will be $5.00. Tickets to the show are free.

This time we’re making it even easier for you to sign up - right here on online!

Once signed up you will receive an email confirmation of your status and as it gets closer to the tapings you’ll get studio info, reminders and maps via email as well.

All attendees must be above the age of 18.

**Television production schedules are subject to change without notice. If the show is not produced on our dates, the studio will allow us to try to select other times on a later date. CBS, US Airways, and the Cactus Club shall have no liability whatsoever for any losses with respect to any cancellation of the production of the show. Backup activities should taping(s) be cancelled will be discussed should such event occur.

The Studio is located at CBS TELEVISION CITY 7800 BEVERLY BLVD. LOS ANGELES, CA 90036. You will be respsonsible for taking the time off from work to attend as well as transportation to and from the Studio. If you need help with transportation please indicate so on the signup form and we will do our best to set up carpools from the airport to the studio.

In walking diestance from where I live. Too bad I'm not a US employee. I don't think I'm elegible. :(

If anybody from this board ends up doing this and wants to try to get together after I get off work, feel free to PM me (although I will mostly be off-line from 11/3-11/7).

While this is all well & good, who could even pay the taxes if you are a winner :down:
I was thinking the same thing. The person who won the $80K car would have had about a $20K tax obligation on that winning. Apparently, a lot of people who win big prizes (not cash) end up selling them to cover the taxes and then hold onto some of the left over $$$.

Best of luck to you all.

but you have to win the prize first before worrying about taxes!

there must be an option that you do not have to accept the prize and forfeit it?

personally, would love to do three things if ever on that show.

1. Spin the wheel.

2. State, "what is the highest bid" and then make the bid by adding a dollar.

3. Play the Cliff Hangers game...(simply to hear the yodeling song)

I think it would be a fun thing to do, just to go!

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.