Employees Can Help Obtain Slot Awards

flyonthewall

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
EMPLOYEES CAN HELP OBTAIN SLOT AWARDS

Employees can help US Airways secure newly created slots at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport by writing letters to the Department of Transportation by next Friday, Jan. 23. US Airways is seeking slots for two daily roundtrips to San Juan, San Francisco, Asheville, N.C., and Chattanooga, Tenn. In addition, we asked to continue flying to Wilmington, N.C. on a permanent basis (We have been operating once a day under temporary authority.)

"Being awarded any of these slots would help strengthen our network as US Airways continues restructuring, and support from our employees will help demonstrate to the DOT how important these routes would be to the company," said Rosemary Murray, vice president of Government Affairs.

She offered the following points that can be made in a letter:
· US Airways is the largest investor at Reagan National with operations to 33 cities, including Bermuda, Nassau and Canada;
· We are the only investor at DCA not to have access to any outside-the-perimeter slots;
· We are a new entrant to beyond-perimeter service; DOT must be encouraged to look at “new entrantâ€￾ as a) being a carrier new to the market and B) as a “new cityâ€￾ which brings consumer benefits to the airport;
· By offering exemption opportunities to US Airways, the DOT would be creating three truly competitive airports in the region and would put Reagan National on a par with Washington-Dulles and Baltimore-Washington International for beyond-perimeter service;
· US Airways has the most extensive route network at DCA and can provide the greatest consumer benefits to the traveling public from all the cities in its application;
· US Airways was the one carrier to suffer greatly from the shutdown of DCA following the events of 9/11. While the doors of the airport opened in about a month, the company was not allowed to reinstate all its flights for many months;
· Together with its codeshare partners, US Airways offers full connecting services to many destinations from the beyond-perimeter cities in its applications.

Correspondence should be addressed to: The Honorable Norman Mineta, Secretary of Transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, 400 Seventh Street, NW, Washington, DC 20590

Reference Docket OST-2000-7181 (beyond perimeter) and OST-2000-7182 (inside perimeter)

Sorry US Airways Business and Ethics Policy says we can't lobby, too bad so sad, figures Ernie's brother would jump right on it and want to help Dave out.

Now the "Plan" is becoming clearer. "Use" the employees to get slots THEN furlough them !!!

Will management heed or continue to bleed ??????

Isn't it management's job to obtain the slots??? Are they not paid the big bucks to lobby for the exemptions? I thought that is why HQ was in Arlington? ;) Disclaimer: Not presently employed by UAIR

lets not forget about how management is very incompetent when it comes down to talking and dealing. so dont bet on usair mgmt trying hard to obtain slots for those
cities. i for one would like to see as much service continue to go on out of dca but how can we if we keep going below the 279 jet limit?????

Why do 'THEIR JOBS'?

they make the big bucks!!

I does my time, gets my check,and pray's for a buyout!!!!

CCYmessage : DO IT YOURSELF!

have a nice day :down:

flyonthewall,

Why should the employees lobby for additional slots if this company is going to sell assets, slots, gates, hub, and/or express division????
Secondly, Why should the Government award SLOTS to a company who remains inconsistent in their Business Plan?
One day they want to sell assets, literally, the next day they are asking for SLOT exemptions.
There is always hope that tomorrow we wake up and top management has RESIGNED!!!!

FLY:

This management team, likely you yourself, creates an atmosphere of mistrust, anger, deception, ill will, frustration, and more; all of which leads to downright hate of this management team. Then this? If you kick a dog and then give them a command they will do your will, it’s their nature. People are very different, so stop treating us like dogs, for example your ethics policy, trying to muzzle us, and then turn around at your whim taking off the muzzle and asking a favor. The cold response you are receiving so far is very generous compared to what you really are deserving.

Sincerely friendly U employee poster Cav said that

Each employee should write Mr. Mineta to ensure that these slots are awarded to Airways. The pessimistic commentaries in this thread are very disconcerting. The employees should eagerly participate in any movement that would increase revenue and reinforce the network.

The Truth said:
The pessimistic commentaries in this thread are very disconcerting.
No, the real problems are not here on this board, but the pessimistic commentaries and threats made by senior management (and others) to the national and local media outlets. (I know the leak didnt come from CCY, it was from one of our competitors) Dont try to pin another one on the grunts. I think the big guys are doing a great job of handling things in public all by themselves. :up: :down:

The Truth said:
Each employee should write Mr. Mineta to ensure that these slots are awarded to Airways. The pessimistic commentaries in this thread are very disconcerting. The employees should eagerly participate in any movement that would increase revenue and reinforce the network.
Why? Tell me why my hard earned tax money should be used to subsidize a failing entity? Why not AMR or JetBlue? Why award the slots to UAIR so that they can turn around and sell them to the highest bidder? How do the slots fit into the UAIR business plan? Who knows? Is there a business plan? I know I had to present a business plan to obtain financing for my business...where is the beef? I bet JetBlue could produce a business plan including the slots if they wanted to obtain them. :(

The Truth said:
how suspisious all the newbies showing up on this board lately. B)