Enough is Enough

Since the cash register situation at Wendy's has gotten out of control and I can't sell fries and the customers are spitting at me through the number two window and screaming and then all the people behind them are doing the same thing and some kid needs a bandaid because they almost got trampled in the rush to get out of the restaurant.....just to name a few things.. I have decided that if Wendy's doesn't care enough to give me the tools to do my job, then I will find another one that does.

Don't take it personally when people are calling me a useless C word? I'll try not to, but it's hard when there's too big of a crowd and security isn't available because of the hostile situation at every other wendy's in the city. I am not inept, I am not useless, I am one of Wendy's most proficient little gnomes, but this little gnome has had enough and after enjoying her vacation days away from Meltdownland, USA, she intends to put her two week notice in.

I love all my friends that came to visit me at the number two window. I will stay if they take the cashier malfuctions away, or make some kind of gesture to make it tolerable again, but based on the track record, I will not hold my gnomey breath.

I have given all the positive energy I have to this place and have none left for the people I love during my free time.

No more.

Is Us Airways hiring? :(

" ...and this useless c word isnt able to find me anything til Sunday"

And hopefully you made sure he had a nice middle seat at rear of the plane and put the requisite comments in his reservation.

I once told a GA that I hope she got furloughed after she closed the door 15 minutes early on a Friday afternoon flight because the crew said they wanted to get home. She told me I was the rudest US1 she had ever met. And then I told her she was rudest GA I had ever met and I fly out of PHL so that is saying a lot. She was training someone and the trainee just looked at both of us like, oh, they didn't tell me it was like this. I stormed off and then felt horrible about saying that I wished she lost her job. I went back and apologized and told her that was a really mean thing to say and I would never wish that on anyone and she was writing something in my record. She started saying something and I was like, could you just listen to me, I am apologizing in front of all these people for being a jerk. She laughed and then afterwards when I would fly through that station, she and I would makeout. Ok, we didn't do that, but we could've.

Congratulations on the career move. The best thing you can do is just pick up and take your skills elsewhere. With all you've learned, you could be an excellent fry cook or, someday, assistant manager. I saw on the drive-thru window just the other day that Carl's Jr. is hiring on Topanga Canyon in Canoga Park. This might be the opportunity of a lifetime.

http://www.carlsjr.com/jobs/

The problem is that she shouldn't feel that Wendy's doesn't appreciate either her or her skills working the fryer. She should not be so stressed out that some uncouth idiot referring to her in that manner should not cause such a reaction. If she felt wanted and appreciated she would have identified the uncouth idiot to her manager and that idiot would have been informed that their business is no longer appreciated or accepted and please enjoy Burger King in the future. But it appears that her employer feels that all such fry cooks and other entry level employees are expendable.

The hell of it is that two or three years from now Shannon, and those like her, will be sous chefs at fine establishments rather than the poor fry person who is not treated well and later finds out that they were better then what Wendy's turned out to be in the first place.

Unfortunately, this company is losing it's greatest assets in huge numbers. It has become evidently apparent that management has no qualms with being ranked near or at dead last in the DOT Customer Service Rankings. Experience, professionalism and quality are not in the vocabulary of the senior and mid-level managers at US Airways.

One only has to visit the Sandcastle in Tempe to see for themselves that this operation is being run by a bunch of buffoons who are fresh out of High School or College. By all appearances you would think that US Airways was running a High School DECA program or recruiting interns from Fraternities and Sororities at ASU to operate this airline. These people have NO experience or business whatsoever to be calling the shots in a service related industry. I met a guy on a flight I was working recently that works in Route Planning who still had zits all over his face! Unbelievable!

US Airways is losing it's best people (customers and employees) and our management simply does not give a damn.

And hopefully you made sure he had a nice middle seat at rear of the plane and put the requisite comments in his reservation.

She laughed and then afterwards when I would fly through that station, she and I would makeout. Ok, we didn't do that, but we could've.

One time, this guy was so rude about his chocolate frosty , he threw his credit card at me and called me all kinds of bad names because we were out of premium chocolate, but I offered him a vanilla frosty and offered him a connecting Wendy's, which wasn't good either, and he kept screaming at me. I understood why he was mad, I didnt understand why he kept calling me stupid. And if I was so stupid why he wouldn't just go find another agent. He demanded I "fix" the frosty. Then he said you will never see me having another frosty after today. MAKE NOTE OF IT!! During the first cash register cutover, everyone was so stupid they didnt know the difference anyway, so I took the frosty assignments that I saw for his return frosty and wiped them out and we were sold out of frosties till four days later. He said he wanted me to make note of the fact that he never wanted another frosty after today. I made note of that.

I wish I felt bad but I don't. Take that frosty face.

:p

Shannon:
I wish you the best at Micky D's or where ever. It's a shame US cares nothing about it's employees & that employees are not given the tools to work with.
I am prraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyinng this cash regsiter thing gets sorted out or atleast acknowledged by corporate by the time my vacation is over. I really, really, really don't want to leave. I reaaaallyyy dont. :angry:

Five Guys is the bomb!!!!!!!!!! You get to provide peanuts instead of working for them!

I think IntlSnn is working the wrong drive thru.

Some companies out there care about their employees.

cow%20vacation.jpg

Shannon,

Get out with you sanity intact! I worked for a premium hamburger joint before Wendy's bought them out and ruined them. I understand new management is to Wendy's what Wendy's was to my old joint. I've been gone three years now and haven't spent a moment wishing I were back. The skills required to do your job - time management, multi-tasking, customer service - are much in demand. Pick up some credentials (a certificate program at your local community college is cheap and quick) in an area of interest and you'll be just fine!