Enough Second Chances!

JS

Veteran
Aug 24, 2002
DFW
Visit site
Sorry to vent here, but the Consumer Affairs line is busy.

Last weekend I wanted to check a bag through from PHL to HHH on two separate reservations. A USAirways employee at the ticket counter had no idea what he was doing, and instead of asking me to speak with another agent, he got sarcastic with me, saying "I'm trying to help you and you won't let me help you". The moron had no idea what "checking through" even means, and I can't help someone print the right bag tags if you don't even know the basic terminology.

I finally found an agent to do the job. I used a kiosk, yet it took 20 minutes just to check a bag. Unbelievable.

Then, when the flight from CLT to HHH is diverted to SAV for weather (ceiling too low), I find that my bag was not on the flight. SAV called HHH to see if the bag made an earlier flight (I was delayed seven hours for mechanical reasons), and HHH said no.

80 miles away from HHH, I get a phone call from HHH saying that my bag is here and has been all day.

Lip, lies and 160 extra miles of driving just to get my suitcase. I used to believe that management was largely to blame for US' ills, but not any more. None of these screw-ups last weekend was management's fault. It is not management's fault when you give your customers attitude, and it is not management's fault when you can't figure out whether a bag is in the back room or not.

You people have had enough second chances. From now on I will fly another airline to PHL (or anywhere for that matter). Since HHH is a US Airways monopoly airport, I'll drive to SAV. If I'm flying a Southwest route, I'll even use their cattle chutes, something I would have never considered just a few years ago.

JS said:
Sorry to vent here, but the Consumer Affairs line is busy.

You people have had enough second chances.  Next time I will fly another airline to PHL (or anywhere for that matter).  I'll even use the cattle chutes at Southwest, something I would have never considered just a few years ago.
[post="242228"][/post]​

You think anyone cares that you bought ticket on wrong airline and paid for it? Take your whining you know what and fly someone else and complain to them and what took you so long anyway?

Sorry to hear of your troubles.....but I'm sure the other Airlines went through the same thing this past weekend too. The weather was the problem here, not the Airline. Good luck with your new Airline.....I have a feeling you'll be back, the grass isn't always greener on the other side!

I left early Saturday morning. I don't know if the low ceiling in HHH was related to the northeast storm (not complaining, just adding some background info). There were no weather problems in PHL early Saturday morning.

The delay was mechanical, and while mechanicals happen to any airline, a rotten attitude does not.

JS said:
Mechanical happens to any airline, but a rotten attitude does not.
[post="242232"][/post]​

Th employees of USairways have earned the rights to rotten attitudes. If they want to exercise their right so be it. Get over it

usairways_vote_NO said:
Th employees of ISairways have earned the rights to rotten attitudes. Get over it
[post="242233"][/post]​

That is a lame excuse. It's also not going to win back me and the thousands of other customers you have lost forever.

Hate to say it.....but venting on this board was only going to get responses like the one above! Fortunately, these are a SMALL & BITTER percentage of the workforce! You are better off trying to get through consumer affairs than on this board.

Didn't we just prove that the attitudes and lost luggage don't mean anything? I believe we just had 2 almost 5 million dollar sale days. If you don't come back (which I seriously doubt when you look to book a cheap fare) we can get 10 more "It's the Fares Stupid" customers.

Of course not that I condone attitude or lost luggage, but this is the reality of our new air transport Walmart LCC's.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Th employees of USairways have earned the rights to rotten attitudes.
[post="242233"][/post]​
Nope. You might believe you earned that right, but the belief doesn't translate to reality.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Reality is what the original poster got buddy
[post="242240"][/post]​

Do you work in PHL? Dude, let go......move on! Life's to short!

Whatnow? said:
Do you work in PHL?  Dude, let go......move on!  Life's to short!
[post="242242"][/post]​

Nope and no lol it's to much fun.

It ok for him to come in here and bash USAirways and it's employees oh but let someone come on here and bash a poster.

usairways_vote_NO said:
It ok for him to come in here and bash USAirways and it's employees
[post="242243"][/post]​
He bashed them because they didn't even meet the most basic standards for service.

oh but let someone come on here and bash a poster.
Um...exactly what did JS do wrong?

mweiss said:
He bashed them because they didn't even meet the most basic standards for service.
Um...exactly what did JS do wrong?
[post="242244"][/post]​

You get what you pay for and he whined. Remember we not allowed to whine in here lest we get bashed

Latest posts