Enough

rotate

Sep 2, 2002
Who has had enough of a failed management in a failed federal administration subscribing to a failed economic ideology?

Through the worship of "the wisdom of the market" we have witnessed: 1) the destruction of capital, 2) the destruction of labor, 3) the renunciation of debt, and 4) the destruction of consumer value.

When I grew up, my parents advised, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

Today, America's airlines are in serial bankruptcy, their employees are destitute, and their customers are completely miserable.

Yup, I love the " miracles of the market". Great ideology! Everyone lost!

It is time to re-regulate the airline industry. Regulation is NOT a dirty word. It is part of a successful MIXED ECONOMY.

Who has had enough of a failed management in a failed federal administration subscribing to a failed economic ideology?

Nobody but the legacy airline employees, I suspect.

Yup, I love the " miracles of the market". Great ideology! Everyone lost!

It is time to re-regulate the airline industry. Regulation is NOT a dirty word. It is part of a successful MIXED ECONOMY.

Everyone lost? Nope. Just the several hundred thousand legacy airline employees who thought their outsized pay would last forever. It didn't.

The other 300 million Americans? They've been the winners. Air travel is cheaper than it was in 1978 when Pres Carter, Ted Kennedy and the other Democrats choose correctly in favor of private enterprise setting fares and routes. Sorry you were the roadkill in our resounding victory, but sometimes good people lose so that the rest of us can win.

The other 300 million Americans? They've been the winners. Air travel is cheaper than it was in 1978 when Pres Carter, Ted Kennedy and the other Democrats choose correctly in favor of private enterprise setting fares and routes. Sorry you were the roadkill in our resounding victory, but sometimes good people lose so that the rest of us can win.

Your right about the low fares. I think most are still way below the going rate pre 9/11. I looked up an airfaire on AA recently from point A to B, thinking with all of the hoopla it would be about $800 or so, and the round trip was $238.

About the oversized airline pay, well it was good while it lasted. The sad part would be the retirees who lost their pensions. One of which was my father-in-law. He should have taken the lump sum and run for the hills. Anyone who had the opportunity post 9/11 should have gotten the goods and run too.

Now here we sit, so broken hearted.

Everyone lost? Nope. Just the several hundred thousand legacy airline employees who thought their outsized pay would last forever. It didn't.

with an attitude like that, dont be surprised if your day of misery doesnt come next. Airline employees earn every dollar they get paid. I dont know if you are a passenger or an airline employee but your cheap fares are not going to last much longer and they will not be at the expense of employees either.

Not actually. You're going to lose this fall when several small carriers plus one large one shuts down. You're going to be paying much more to fly, or you can Go Greyhound and still pay more. If you live in a smaller city, you're likely to have your air service is stopped or severely curtailed. So, don't get all giddy just yet on enjoying the pain the airline employees are in. That pain is probably coming your way in a few months.

What about the shareholders who lost everything? What about the vendors who lost everything? What about the most miserable and unhappy customers in the entire economy? What about the fact that buying a product below cost cannot be sustained and ultimately these services will disappear?

Yup. Lots of winners. Not too smart, though. The 300 million Americans can now fly on the oldest, dirtiest, most crowded aeronautical conveyances ever. They rate their satisfaction with airlines below used car salesmen and the IRS.

FWAAA,
You know I have Great regard for your opinions in lots of Area's. IMHO, on this one....you are Incorrect.

Reason Being, I'm guessing that you are "Not of the LOST Middle class" !

And there-in lies my BEEF with this "GD" Moron @ "1600", and his Merry Band of REPUG's.

The REPUGS..."menu" is VERY small.

Either be BORN with Money, or (somehow) Obtain it,...........................(then) "WELCOME, come on in and join the Party"
Or ,

Be Reduced to Serfdom !!!

?????

FWAAA,
You know I have Great regard for your opinions in lots of Area's. IMHO, on this one....you are Incorrect.

And there-in lies my BEEF with this "GD" Moron @ "1600", and his Merry Band of REPUG's.

Either be BORN with Money, or (somehow) Obtain it,...........................(then) "WELCOME, come on in and join the Party"
Or ,

<_< -------- Bears, being coy with FWAA is beneath you! He is one of the "Greed is Good" crowd! As long as this Industry doesn't inconvenience him, he feels he's won! He's one of those who, I feel, hasn't done an honest day's work in his life, and looks down his nose at those that have! But, if nothing is done, and done soon, that will change. The Industry can't continue to fly his a$$, and those like him, around at a loose!--- It's that simple!

FWAAA,

Or ,

?????

Such resentment being spewed here. Maybe if you had jumped on the wealth building ship along time ago, you wouldn't be so resentful now. Yes, I am a Repub, but I assure you I am not wealthy. Remember I worked for United and its merry band of white collar thieves. I'm sorry you are not independent enough to think for yourself and buy into what the major media spews. You listen and buy into their agenda and look for the President to blame for all your ills. Look no further than your own State's political leaders, the trial lawyers association and the education association. They are the real culprits. They are at the very core of what has happened to our country. Stifling government regulations. And which party is pro-government regulations, but the Dems. I guess you would prefer to live off the dole of others hard work instead of creating jobs so people can take care of themselves.

I guess you would prefer to live off the dole of others hard work instead of creating jobs so people can take care of themselves.

Where are these so called jobs? Most of the jobs I see being created are only jobs performing services for the top 2% or so of our country. We are losing real jobs that one can make a living on daily and replacing them with jobs that do not have benefits and are just above minimum wage. Mean while inflation is skyrocketing and then you hear someone like Phil Grahm (MaCain's ECONOMIC advisor) say that it is all in our heads. I believe that finally the masses are waking up and realizing that the spin that this administration has been selling is just that crap. Its only working for those at the top. And Regan's trickle down economics didnt work then and they are not working now. It never will. If people in the middle and lower income levels do not have money they will not spend money. If people do not spend money then there goes the crap jobs that the republicans have been so proud of creating. They consist of retail jobs and service jobs. If you have no money you cant afford to go to the mall or out to eat. However those at the top may lose money in stocks but they just move it over to commodities (which drives up the price of said comodities) or to whatever the next bubble will be. We need regulation, it is not a bad word. I know too much government is a bad thing but too little has gotten us to where we are now. We can not depend on corporate america to police themselves. I know politicians abuse the system also, but at least we can vote them out. We have some power to change things when government gets corrupt. But I am afraid that if we keep going down the road we are on, we will have given all our power away to corporate cronies. They can now spy on us with immunity (in the name of protecting us LOL) They can practice preditory lending with no oversight, they can manipulate the price of energy ........ when is it going to stop? Ok I have said my piece.

Where are these so called jobs? Most of the jobs I see being created are only jobs performing services for the top 2% or so of our country. We are losing real jobs that one can make a living on daily and replacing them with jobs that do not have benefits and are just above minimum wage. Mean while inflation is skyrocketing and then you hear someone like Phil Grahm (MaCain's ECONOMIC advisor) say that it is all in our heads. I believe that finally the masses are waking up and realizing that the spin that this administration has been selling is just that crap. Its only working for those at the top. And Regan's trickle down economics didnt work then and they are not working now. It never will. If people in the middle and lower income levels do not have money they will not spend money. If people do not spend money then there goes the crap jobs that the republicans have been so proud of creating. They consist of retail jobs and service jobs. If you have no money you cant afford to go to the mall or out to eat. However those at the top may lose money in stocks but they just move it over to commodities (which drives up the price of said comodities) or to whatever the next bubble will be. We need regulation, it is not a bad word. I know too much government is a bad thing but too little has gotten us to where we are now. We can not depend on corporate america to police themselves. I know politicians abuse the system also, but at least we can vote them out. We have some power to change things when government gets corrupt. But I am afraid that if we keep going down the road we are on, we will have given all our power away to corporate cronies. They can now spy on us with immunity (in the name of protecting us LOL) They can practice preditory lending with no oversight, they can manipulate the price of energy ........ when is it going to stop? Ok I have said my piece.

I have served the top 2% of our society and they, too. have lost money in this economy. The difference is this: if you start out with $300 million and you LOSE 66% of your fortune, you STILL HAVE $100 million left. This is NOTHING like starting out with $1000 savings and losing a $35 thousand a year job.

I have served the top 2% of our society and they, too. have lost money in this economy. The difference is this: if you start out with $300 million and you LOSE 66% of your fortune, you STILL HAVE $100 million left. This is NOTHING like starting out with $1000 savings and losing a $35 thousand a year job.

So true, people like Phil Grahm have not idea what the average American is dealing with. They are not in touch with the real America.

Such resentment being spewed here. Maybe if you had jumped on the wealth building ship along time ago, you wouldn't be so resentful now. Yes, I am a Repub, but I assure you I am not wealthy. Remember I worked for United and its merry band of white collar thieves. I'm sorry you are not independent enough to think for yourself and buy into what the major media spews. You listen and buy into their agenda and look for the President to blame for all your ills. Look no further than your own State's political leaders, the trial lawyers association and the education association. They are the real culprits. They are at the very core of what has happened to our country. Stifling government regulations. And which party is pro-government regulations, but the Dems. I guess you would prefer to live off the dole of others hard work instead of creating jobs so people can take care of themselves.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

novaqt,

I'll do, just as you suggest.

Here in NH, BOTH "GD" US Senators are REPUGS./.........GREGG + SUNUNU(jr.), and both have KISSED EL-CHIMPOS A$$ since the day, the lil' TURD was "SELECTED" POTUS.

Here in the states Largest City(Manchester NH), my Daughter and Son-in-law live, with my 3 Grandchildren.
Their rented home has a BULLET HOLE in it, from a "drive by" !
Their Only daughter(my Oldest Granddaughter) was been taught by UNION TEACHERS for 11 years(she'll be a Senior this year)
Shes always been an HONOR ROLL student, Captain of the Senior Women's CREW team, A Member of the National Honor Society, and has a Good Shot at a PAID scholarship, to an IVY LEAGUE school !!!

SO again novaqt,..............THANK YOU, for letting me TELL you about OUR UNIONIZED Teachers Association.

Ps,

THANK GOD for the Legal System(lawyers)..to protect folks like my Daughter/Son-in-law from the CAPITALISM at "ANY COST" crowd.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

novaqt,

I'll do, just as you suggest.

Here in NH, BOTH "GD" US Senators are REPUGS./.........GREGG + SUNUNU(jr.), and both have KISSED EL-CHIMPOS A$$ since the day, the lil' TURD was "SELECTED" POTUS.

Here in the states Largest City(Manchester NH), my Daughter and Son-in-law live, with my 3 Grandchildren.
Their rented home has a BULLET HOLE in it, from a "drive by" !
Their Only daughter(my Oldest Granddaughter) was been taught by UNION TEACHERS for 11 years(she'll be a Senior this year)
Shes always been an HONOR ROLL student, Captain of the Senior Women's CREW team, A Member of the National Honor Society, and has a Good Shot at a PAID scholarship, to an IVY LEAGUE school !!!

SO again novaqt,..............THANK YOU, for letting me TELL you about OUR UNIONIZED Teachers Association.

Ps,

THANK GOD for the Legal System(lawyers)..to protect folks like my Daughter/Son-in-law from the CAPITALISM at "ANY COST" crowd.

They should have fired your Union English Teacher.

Just saying . .

Latest posts

Back