ETB-UNION "OFFICE WORK" AND FAR 121.466/467

airportman

Senior
Sep 23, 2005
Paid Union officials/officers flying the etb after a day in the office should read far 121.466 and 121.467 because they are in danger of a violation and the company "SELF-REPORTING" the issue as it is a violation.

Highlight:

8 hours of office duty before commencing the pre-flight duties for a flight assignment, results in a much more fatigued flight attendant, and presents a greater danger to the safety of the flying public than both the time a flight attendant spends waiting after an early report and the time a flight attendant spends in the break between flight assignments in a hotel room that the drafters said would be included in “duty period.â€￾ We conclude that it is reasonable to interpret the regulation to include airport ground duties in “duty periodâ€￾ when a flight attendant is assigned a mix of airport ground duties, such as office duty.

Complete FAR'S can be viewed on the faa website.

Gee now it seems with a little research its not only unethical but not legal......

Wonder how much the fine is and if they will take the certificate from the f/a's that do it?

Only time will tell

:shock: Don't you get it, they (MEC & LEC) said it's none of your business what they do and when they do it.
The president has spoken!
He doesn't want you to worry about that, there are other issues we should contend with.

Our own LEC padding they pockets (with ETB trips) after getting paid 105 hours international pay for working in the office?
Well? What more important than that?

I went to the FAA website and I read it. I agree with your assessment.
Bottom line, are they representing US or themselves?
Is this the representation we want in office?
The company sure does!!!

Something to keep in mind in the future.

Also stated in the FAA letter...The FAA's purpose in establishing duty period linitations was "to enhance the safety of the flying public by ensuring that flight attendants do not become overly fatigued during flight assignments." The situation that you present in which the cerificate holder mixes airport ground duties with flight assignments and the flight attendant is assigned for example to 8 hours of office duty before commencing the pre-flight duties for a flight assignment results in a much more fatigued flight attendant and presents a greater danger to the safety of the flying public.....We conclude that it is reasonable to interpret the regulation to include airport ground duties in "duty period" when a flight attendant is assigned a mix of airport ground duties such as office duty along with flight assignments because we believe that such industry practices (i.e. mixing airport ground duties with flight assignments) are activities that can lead to fatigue that could interfere with flight attendants' ability to safely perform their cabin safety assignments.

http://www.faa.gov/safety/programs_initiat...periodfinal.DOC

Now that you have your "Golden BB", what are you going to do with it. Have you shown this to your officers in Philly yet? Hold them accountable for their actions. They knew all along that this was wrong, but they never thought you would get this letter. I know who to thank and I will do so. Have you brought it up to the MECP? Now that you have your proof, don't let it be squashed down. Hold them responsible. Maybe have them pay it all back or a possible suspesion? Airportman, I think I know how you found out about this. PM me, if you would. Thanks.

Now that you have your "Golden BB", what are you going to do with it. Have you shown this to your officers in Philly yet? Hold them accountable for their actions. They knew all along that this was wrong, but they never thought you would get this letter. I know who to thank and I will do so. Have you brought it up to the MECP? Now that you have your proof, don't let it be squashed down. Hold them responsible. Maybe have them pay it all back or a possible suspesion? Airportman, I think I know how you found out about this. PM me, if you would. Thanks.

Going to the MECP will yield nothing. He is doing the same thing.

This is up to the members. They are the ones who put folks in office; and they are the ones who vote them out.

This should apply to any representive that receives full fpl for each day they are in office. When a rep is paid for the day, they are paid that day to do union work; not part of the day. It should be crystal clear to the members what the schedules are for their reps, after all, these are union dues whether from the company or members to do UNION WORK only.

Going to the MECP will yield nothing. He is doing the same thing.

This is up to the members. They are the ones who put folks in office; and they are the ones who vote them out.

This should apply to any representive that receives full fpl for each day they are in office. When a rep is paid for the day, they are paid that day to do union work; not part of the day. It should be crystal clear to the members what the schedules are for their reps, after all, these are union dues whether from the company or members to do UNION WORK only.
Pit, you don't have to remind me eof that. I am just trying to get them going up there, now that they have some legitimate ammo. This is there smoking gun. I wish I could be at their next union meeting. Hope all is well in the civilian world.

Paid Union officials/officers flying the etb after a day in the office should read far 121.466 and 121.467 because they are in danger of a violation and the company "SELF-REPORTING" the issue as it is a violation.

Actually, little boy, the FAR defines itself and addresses the problem as:

We understand that the situation that you present is one in which a flight attendant is scheduled or assigned or told to report for and perform, perhaps, 8 hours of office duty. Further, the flight attendant is also scheduled, either in advance of such office duty, or at some time after reporting for such duty, to perform one or more flight assignments.

The FAR does not address volunteer work. Should we flag the crewmember who, to comply with company directives on "communting", voluntarily shows up at 1230 for a 2015 departure? Believe me, you will only lose on this. Every commuter will hate you personally for highlighting such rules. In a base where over 90% of the crewmembers commute, you will find your name on all the bathroom walls.

Much less, the company does not wish to address "volunteer work" as they would lose, among other things, the ability to assign pilots in the chief pilots office as "reserves of last resort".

Go ahead, make a stink and see your tutu get handed to yourself, Danny boy.

Go bark up some other tree.

We understand that the situation that you present is one in which a flight attendant is scheduled or assigned or told to report for and perform, perhaps, 8 hours of office duty. Further, the flight attendant is also scheduled, either in advance of such office duty, or at some time after reporting for such duty, to perform one or more flight assignments.

The FAR does not address volunteer work. Should we flag the crewmember who, to comply with company directives on "communting", voluntarily shows up at 1230 for a 2015 departure? Believe me, you will only lose on this. Every commuter will hate you personally for highlighting such rules. In a base where over 90% of the crewmembers commute, you will find your name on all the bathroom walls.

Much less, the company does not wish to address "volunteer work" as they would lose, among other things, the ability to assign pilots in the chief pilots office as "reserves of last resort".

hmm,

little boy seems to understand tat the union people we are talking about are PAID.......SO SHARKY TAKE YOUR TOYS AND GO BACK TO THE OFFICE IN MOON.

I find it VERY interesting all the folks that chimed in to support the local 70 are now VERY silent. Mention an FAR and everyone goes all "stupid".....LOL The silence, ohhhhhh the silence. How is someone in the union who is PAID doing volunteer work? That seems to make absolutely NO sense.

I find it VERY interesting all the folks that chimed in to support the local 70 are now VERY silent. Mention an FAR and everyone goes all "stupid".....LOL The silence, ohhhhhh the silence. How is someone in the union who is PAID doing volunteer work? That seems to make absolutely NO sense.

YOUR ABSOLUTLY CORRECT AND THAT COMMENT CAME FROM ONE OF OUR LEADERS.....OF OUR UNION

The officers who are elected RECEIVE 105 FPL FROM UNION DUES $$. Don't skirt the real issue. They don't volunteer. I've worked with them. They control the AFA base budget. Its the committee folks in that base that don't get paid a dime. And that's because the dues are given to the officers BY the officers.

Commuting is not working...again, another retorhical lame ass excuse from the "spin doc".

Ok....let me put it like this. I am in my 9th year now and am on reserve. I just finished the freakin month without breaking guarantee. I am so sick and tired of the GD stories, excuses, sympathy and crap. I am working my rear off and sitting around trying to figure out how to rob Peter to pay Paul and this BULL $#!T is going on? Huh uhhhh. I have absolutely had it. All I have to ask is WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN AND WHY...oy yeah and HOW. If I am not gonna make my time you BEST believe I will rally my A$$ off and spew this BS around quicker than a raging fire. I have NOTHING BUT TIME ON MY HANDS. I have to deal with the company doing sneaky crap and breaking the contract. We as members don't need this. I surely hope for their sakes that this is legal because if not....CYA.

Actually, little boy,

This is how RUMORS start because SOMEONE assumes they know who posts things and keeps on blaming an innocent bistandard. I wish Sharktooth would stop blaming people who don't care about her or the AFA orginazation anymore. LEAVE THE INNOCENT ALONE!

Work is work, commuting is not. Big difference.

Let me take a stab at this TravelPro.

[
Second - My speculation is that the days they do the ETB trips they "Volunteer" at the union office and don't take FLP or at least that's the way they'll "spin" it
I think they already know that the RSV chair has been flying on his AFA days, due to the fact his LTO goes up. It can be documented just by looking at his LTO throughout the month and past months also. This could mean "Bye, Bye" to some folks up there. Oh the sweet sound of silence, just before the storm. Smells like a big one brewing.

Sharky you sound a tad upset!
Let's see....threats, intimidation....I think this link might benefit you
:shock:

View attachment sns_ap_model_arrested_0_2816122.htm

Latest posts