ETC or Usairways.com

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
If you are trying to nonrev the ETC shows you on MANY occasions different availability than on usairways.com. If you go to usairways.com and look at seat maps many times there are less available than what the ETC shows. I know both the ETC and Usairways.com working properly is next to a miracle but does anyone know the real answer? :blink:

If you are trying to nonrev the ETC shows you on MANY occasions different availability than on usairways.com. If you go to usairways.com and look at seat maps many times there are less available than what the ETC shows. I know both the ETC and Usairways.com working properly is next to a miracle but does anyone know the real answer? :blink:

I would think is has to do with overselling flights.

I just looked at a flt on the ETC for an example. I used flt 1075 from PHL to CLT tomorrow.

The ETC lists "AC" - Actual seats on the aircraft
"AU" - Seats authorized to sell, and
"SA" - Seats Available.

On this flt, the AC is 167 in coach, The AU is 174, and the SA is 24.

So looking on the ETC, There are 143 seats booked out of the actual 167 seats - so SA is 24.

However, they are authorized to sell 174 seats to account for no-shows etc...

So on the website they probably show 31 seats available on this flt since they have sold only 143 seats out of the authorized 174...

So ETC shows 24 Avail and website shows 31 seats avail. I'm not sure if this is what you're talking abut, but it seems to make sense to me. I travel a lot and the ETC info. is usually pretty reliable...

Edited to add:

As far as the seat maps... Lets say the A/C has 100 seats in coach and is authorized to sell 110 seats. If they have sold 99 seats and those people chose their seats, the seat map would only show 1 seat available, but availability would show as 11 seats. There are usually people that don't get a seat assignment when they book their ticket. And of course in this case the ETC would show 1 seat available.

The seat maps could show different because the seats held for day of departure and frequent flyers will not show up on a seat map offering unless you are entitled to select them. Currently the first rows, exit rows, last rows and many of the forward aisle/window seats are included in the day of departure hold seats.

I've been told that there is a delay on the ETC. Meaning that the space available count won't immediately update as soon as someone books a flight, I'm not sure how long the delay is.