Exodus From Mci - Mechanics Leaving?

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
It is being rumored in Tulsa that over 400 former TWA Mechanics signed up for retirement this week.

Have they told you guys something the rest of do not know?

HAHAHAHAHA..that would make me top dog around here...things gonna change now..there's a new sherriff in town....oh boy...just kidding..if 400 retired then that would put 1962 as high seniority...not to worry...
cowboy.gif

MCI transplant said:
:huh: He can't afford to retire either!!!!!
Then why not step up and do something about that?

Why do you have everything in our labor agreement except senioirty and pension?

MCI transplant said:
:huh: He can't afford to retire either!!!!!
We got Al Blackman at JFK, 1942 Seniority.

He was here before the TWU.

He cant believe what we gave up.

When asked why he does not retire he replies "Who would hire me?"

Steve Connell said:
and your point is? THis is just another area where you all have no real facts...400...get a grip boyzzzzzz.
;) Settle down Steve! I think they realize it was all a mistake! Say! I like those snazzey logos there! Maybe A.A. should adopt them and put them on their Aircraft!!!! :up:

RV4 said:
Then why not step up and do something about that?

Why do you have everything in our labor agreement except senioirty and pension?
;) What makes you think the AMFA could change that?????

And you are going to just sit there and do nothing? Oh thats right you are going to change the TWU from within....

Good Luck.

Why do you think we as AMFA supporters would attempt to change representation if internal change had not been attempted?

To the four AMTs retiring in MCI I wish you the best. It is indeed a sad state when skilled professional AMTs at TWA got screwed over by inept management and even more inept indutrial unionism only to suffer the same indignities at another airline. As for the poster commenting about what makes AMFA supporters think that AMFA can do any better I would like to say that we will not know until we try. But, staying with the twu will only guarantee even worse failure. The twu can not change from within. Steve, can you not see this? I am being serious here. Supporting the international does NOTHING to support our craft and professionalism. I do support my Local Chairman here in SAN because he is PRO-AMT. I can not support some one in the international I did not vote for and someone who removed individuals who are accused of doing nothing other than informing their membership who were voted in by the membership. AMFA will not solve all our woes caused by inept industrial unions. However, they will give us the tools to right the many wrongs committed. One of those tools is democracy. Hope you can attend the Tulsa AMFA Informational meeting. I would like to have a beer with you and talk about OUR future. :up:

Posted by Ken. . .
However, they will give us the tools to right the many wrongs committed. One of those tools is democracy.

Hey Ken,
You might want to check out the new topic "Democracy in action"!!

;)

Latest posts