Express Beverage Service on Mainline

Jetsetter2Ord

Senior
Sep 1, 2005
On a Jetplane
Visit site
I would like to know WHY those East FAs working West operated flights such as PHX to LAS, PHX to SAN, LAS to PHX, etc. that NO beverage service is provided to our passengers?

East Service Parameters:

4.8.1 Service Upon Request.
Service Upon Request is offered on flights that are blocked for 224 miles or less. If unsure of mileage, check with the flightdeck
crewmembers for verification. Whenever feasible, honor beverage requests.
4.8.2 Short Haul Beverage.
The Short Haul Beverage service is offered on flights that are blocked between 225 and 290 miles and consist of the following
beverages offered from a nine-hole tray:
• Orange juice, coffee and water offered prior to 1000.
• Coke, Sprite, Diet Coke and water offered after 1000.

PHX to LAS is 259 miles...we on the West have no problem working a full flight even on the 757 with 4 FAs, and provide and a Full beverage service utilizing the cart and providing any beverage request including hot coffee, alcoholic beverages.

It is a disservice to our passengers to NOT provide them with a beverage service. Lets take care of our passengers, afterall they are the ones who help provide you a paycheck.

The pertinent question is what is published (if anything) for these flights on the service guide sheet provided to the East F/A's. I certainly don't know but maybe one of the East F/a's can provide an answer.

Jim

Some people are confused on what level of service is to be done on these short flights since we do not have the service codes on our pairings anymore and the fact that the short flight times equal what is usually a "no serve" out east.

I agree. The guidelines on the West may not be the same as the East. When they are on our metal, they are OUR customers....not yours. If it is our metal, apparently it is NOT operated by the West. Former AWA does not own the market on those routes...obviously. We will go by our guidelines. The company needs to make it clear to the East flight attendants what the exact service should be.

I agree. The guidelines on the West may not be the same as the East. When they are on our metal, they are OUR customers....not yours. If it is our metal, apparently it is NOT operated by the West. Former AWA does not own the market on those routes...obviously. We will go by our guidelines. The company needs to make it clear to the East flight attendants what the exact service should be.

The exact service guidlines are those guidelines published for east operated flights, as these are east operated flights.

As for who's customers they are, they are US customers. This is not a case of ours vs. yours.....we are all one, sort of, in a round about way.

Until standards and procdures are incorporated, there will continue to be differences in service. East is not doing a disservice to our customers. They are following published and established guidelines.

When they are on our metal, they are OUR customers....not yours. If it is our metal, apparently it is NOT operated by the West. Former AWA does not own the market on those routes...

you've got to be kidding me?! "OUR" customers"?! "NOT yours"?! what is wrong w/ you?!?! they are everyone's customers not east and not west, there US Airways customers... haha people like twicebaked are just that, baked and twice as ignorant.

you've got to be kidding me?! "OUR" customers"?! "NOT yours"?! what is wrong w/ you?!?! they are everyone's customers not east and not west, there US Airways customers...

Agreed! And if they aren't OUR customers, then they'll soon be WN's because they DO pour a full drink service on these routes.

you've got to be kidding me?! "OUR" customers"?! "NOT yours"?! what is wrong w/ you?!?! they are everyone's customers not east and not west, there US Airways customers... haha people like twicebaked are just that, baked and twice as ignorant.

Just one big happy family, right?

Obviously you forgot we are ALL in this together as ONE carrier...If it wasnt for the Former AWA, you would not have a job! This NEW USAirways is just that a NEW company with the OLD US name and alot of their OLD bitter employees that maybe should have been given a new Date of hire as Sept 27,2005! NEXT!

Get with the program and take care of our passengers, I do not want to be included in your mistakes to lead us yet to a third Bankruptcy!

Obviously you forgot we are ALL in this together as ONE carrier...If it wasnt for the Former AWA, you would not have a job! This NEW USAirways is just that a NEW company with the OLD US name and alot of their OLD bitter employees that maybe should have been given a new Date of hire as Sept 27,2005! NEXT!

Get with the program and take care of our passengers, I do not want to be included in your mistakes to lead us yet to a third Bankruptcy!
Obviously you are one of those misinformed former AWA f/a's who think you saved USAirways. How many times does Doug Parker need to say w/o this merger AWA would not have survived either. Lets not beat this dead horse again. As far as seniority goes, US was once an awesome airline to work for, why else would we have people here for 40 yrs. Why do you think the seniority at AWA is so junior? Let me guess could it be because they have always been a poor paying airline with less then appealing work rules. NEXT!!

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can someone then explain why the "West" captain last week made a big deal on the PA about an aircraft swap that wasnt communicated or caught by "East" crews? His announcement went something like this (second hand info from the sup who was standing behind him at the door of the plane as he made his announcement).
Ladies and Gentlemen, Your America West crew would like to apologize for the confusion, but we're going to have to change planes. We're handled here in Tampa by the US East side of the group and they appearantly dropped the ball on the aircraft swap so everyone will have to get off and get on another plane. Of course if it had been an America West station we would have known about the aircraft change and not had a problem like this.
Needless to say, he boarded the wrong plane (after getting his release) and actually accepted the fuel slip from the fueler with the wrong plane number from his release. Oops, can someone say trying to cover their own a**? Anyway, I'm sure someone will be having a nice talk to him soon about us all being one company. :down:

OK can we PLEASE not turn this into yet another HP saved US thread? We ALL know in our heart of hearts that it isn't true. Who cares anyway. The west is upset over DOH and losing their name. The east has been through that before a few times. To the west......"get educated". To the east...."stop the entitled crap". We are NOT one company right now yet share the same name and semi same colors. The passenger does NOT care who is who. MANY on the east side of the US had no idea who Americanwest was nor did many folks on the west know who Usairways was. We now need to build and get over it. For those with a little anger still inside and fear....GET OVER IT FOLKS BECAUSE IT ISN'T CHANGING ! ! ! !

I would like to know WHY those East FAs working West operated flights such as PHX to LAS, PHX to SAN, LAS to PHX, etc. that NO beverage service is provided to our passengers?
<snip>
It is a disservice to our passengers to NOT provide them with a beverage service. Lets take care of our passengers, afterall they are the ones who help provide you a paycheck.
<snip>
...their OLD bitter employees that maybe should have been given a new Date of hire as Sept 27,2005! NEXT!

First, do you know for a fact that the East F/A's on these routes have been informed of the level of service that is to be offered?

You see, you omitted a little sentence from your manual quotes:

"Reference the Service Guidelines-At-A-Glance for each market’s service level."

The latest I've seen doesn't show any of the "East flying West markets" routes, but it does show a number of city pairs where the distance is between 250 and 290 miles and either no service or reduced service (express service) is indicated.

If it's a matter of the F/A's knowing that full beverage service is to be offered and they're not doing it, then I'll agree with you - they're letting our customers down.

However, if it's a case of the F/A's not being told what level service to offer, then management is letting both our employee's and our customes down.

Jim

I agree. The guidelines on the West may not be the same as the East. When they are on our metal, they are OUR customers....not yours.

They are US Airways customers and they deserve a beverage service even if they are short flights!
Passengers are still not allowed to bring their own drinks on board. What are you going to do? Let them die of thirst? Get your lazy ass and do a beverage service on this flights! Phx and Las are very hot cities and we are going to lose customers with attitude like yours.