Express Does It Again

Hello Newman

Senior
Aug 23, 2002
Are any of U's Expresss carriers held accountable for anything? Or are they just contracted to operate flights no matter how late? For example, it's not like Mesa didn't know this holiday weekend was coming but they still can't find their crews. Today we we had an inbound flight 90mins behind because of a CRR, but when Mesa updates the flifo, they'll change it to "weather conditions, affecting a prior flight" . And it always seems to happen when there are no options to reroute. By the way, who's the VP of the Express Division now?

:shock:

VP Express = N. Bruce Ashby. Unfortunately he doesn't have too much control over how Mesa operates or doesn't operate their flights. Only that they hold up to their agreement to ocassionally provide service between cities for a flat fee. It's going to get even worse when ALG and PDT commuters are reduced and replaced by Mesa.

Mesa is the virus of the regionals.

When I worked for YV several years ago, any delayed flight (most were due to no crews to fly) was coded as "weather," even in the summer. Nice to see somethings never change..... <_<

Again.....

Sometimes, you do get what you pay for!

All together, repeat the management mantra after me:

Cheap is good.....Cheap is good! :lol:

ringmaruf said:
I glanced at the departure boards in PHL today just for a second, and I saw the red word CANCELLED only next to a handful of flights. The flight numbers were all in the 2600's-2800's range. Why wasn't I surprised?
Thats funny, I was in PHL today and when I looked at the board the only flights that said CANCELLED OR DELAYED were three Dash 8's and one mainline. I guess Mesa isn't the only one who has there problems. I just got off a four day and the only time we were late (no cx) was due to the joke of a ramp that is run by who????????????? ALG!!! -Cape

Capecod:

Give me a break! The WO's are cancelling flights to make up for the Midway flights and the fact that Group assigns us more flying while we park airplanes and furlough pilots. In the case of PDT pilots are quiting because they have no choice but to get on with their lives.

Prior to the destruction of the WO's (ALG/PDT) by CCY, I would always glance at the board in the morning and rarely find a Dash-8 CX'd. But Mesa would always have something going wrong.

Also, look at the completion factor numbers and ontime performance for the past year. I think you will find the WO's are at the top of the list. Numbers don't lie!

You know if the WO's act more like Mesa we will probably get a lot of RJ's too. CCY seems to reward mediocrity.

Not to sound too bitter but we park more airplanes next week!

Merry Xmas

Cloud Watcher,

What gets parked next week? More DH8's?

ISP has been taken down as low as it can go--if we don't get alternative service to PHL or PIT soon, I fear they'll close it--yet flights are almost always oversold.

Go Figure.

P.S. The yield excuse doesn't work any more--with marketing this station could be very profitable.

How about ISP-DCA again??????? or ISP-CLT? There needs to be an alternative to PHL, and SOON.

Cloud Watcher said:
Capecod:

Give me a break! The WO's are cancelling flights to make up for the Midway flights and the fact that Group assigns us more flying while we park airplanes and furlough pilots. In the case of PDT pilots are quiting because they have no choice but to get on with their lives.

Prior to the destruction of the WO's (ALG/PDT) by CCY, I would always glance at the board in the morning and rarely find a Dash-8 CX'd. But Mesa would always have something going wrong.

Also, look at the completion factor numbers and ontime performance for the past year. I think you will find the WO's are at the top of the list. Numbers don't lie!

You know if the WO's act more like Mesa we will probably get a lot of RJ's too. CCY seems to reward mediocrity.

Not to sound too bitter but we park more airplanes next week!

Merry Xmas
CW, Don't get me wrong here. We (Mesa) have our problems (some of which also have to do with covering Midway flying even though we have no spares and one, that's right one TOTAL reserve on the CRJ in PHL) but I find it amusing that everyone on this site blows sunshine up the a$$es of the WO and mainline groups like they can do no wrong while the contract carriers are nothing but a total disaster. A large exaggeration at best. Many of the problems that we are having in the CRJ in PHL are caused by CCY. They won't let us have a spare aircraft, they add flying that we say we aren't equipped to do. They give us parings that are very inefficient and hard to cover. My guess is they do the same to you guys to. My point is if you only read this site, you would think that the differences in product between the Wo's and contract carriers are staggering and there not. Do you guys do a better job, yes. Much better, no. BTW, if you have access to the U express numbers please post them here (we used to get then emailed to us every month at CCair). I would like to see how Mesa does in U colors. (The company only puts out the numbers for all four code shares combined. Last week Mesa had a on time in 15 of 81% and completion of 97.5%. That is just under average for the yr I think. Like I said, not great, but not the cx/late disaster other on this site would like
you to believe.) -Cape

P.s Just so you WO's know, 80% of the CRJ pilots that fly in U coloers are either ex CCair or J4J. None of us had a vote on Mesa's new contract or have any say in the way the WO's are treated by CCY. To a man, everyone I fly with wishes PDT and ALG the best and hopes they are able to get some jets and start growing again. This at the same time you guys treat us like trash, threaten to piss in our flight bags if they are left in the crew room and blame us for what's wrong in the world.
You guys might have better #'s but you definitely have less class (as a group) :down: . Fly safe and Marry XMass to you. I hope it's at home with the family.:up: