F/A celebrates 50 years of flying!

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
CEO Jerry Grinstein helped Marlene “Martyâ€￾ Evans, our most senior flight attendant, mark her 50th anniversary Friday. Her anniversary is on Tuesday. Evans started her airline career with Pacific Northern Airlines in 1956. It was absorbed by Western Airlines in 1967 and then she became Delta family with that merger in 1987. During those years, she has been based in Anchorage, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, Portland, Salt Lake City and Atlanta. But she calls Estes Park, Colo., home. She has flown with many famous faces, Johnny Carson, John F. Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, but her favorite was Lassie, who flew in the first class cabin resting on two seats. Evans describes her 50 years of service as extraordinary and encouraged newer flight attendants to remain patient, energetic and hardworking.

more power to her! If people like this can continue to do the job, they will likely do it very well and teac alot of other people a less or two. You clearly hang in there that long because you want to be there - which means you probably do what you do well.

Think you'll be flying when you've got a 50 year service pin, Fly?

Not a chance. Was planning on leaving when retirement was 50 years old. Now they added another 5 years to my original plan. I will be out the door on my 55th birthday. I refuse to be older than the pilots.

I believe that United has the world's most "senior" flight attendant. She's a Purser based in SFO. Began her career with UAL in 1946 and if memory serves me correctly, she turned 86 this year...I won't name names, but she usually flies the Shanghai route...

I believe that United has the world's most "senior" flight attendant. She's a Purser based in SFO. Began her career with UAL in 1946 and if memory serves me correctly, she turned 86 this year...I won't name names, but she usually flies the Shanghai route...
That beats our #1. AA's #1 f/a started flying for AA on 06NOV52. She will have 54 years this November! (I'm 61, and I was in the 2nd grade when she started flying for AA.)

If you start flying at 18 and spend 54 years working, I personally do not want a 72 year old FA working with me. Go play BINGO! just my thoughts........

Hopefully someday you'll be a healthy, vigorous 72 year old. You might not want to be an FA but I sure would like to see you play BINGO for the remaining 10-20 years of your life. Wake up. just my thoughts...........