F/a Overage In Mia

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
APFA and the company have been meeting to discuss the continuing overage of Flight Attendants in the MIA Domestic base and, more specifically, the displacements that are still in effect. The overage is currently running between 200 and 250 Flight Attendants, depending upon a specific month's schedule. The company continues to force flying into MIA to take up some of the surplus. APFA has been able to reach an agreement with the company that will reinstate Flight Attendants to MIA Domestic at a ratio of one reinstatement for every five who leave MIA either through transfer or attrition. These reinstatements will be offered once a total of 10 Flight Attendants have left MIA-D. We realize this will not bring all of the displaced Flight Attendants back to MIA quickly; however we believe this is a step in the right direction.

Hatu,

First of all, I am glad that this issue has been discussed between AA and the APFA.

This looks great on paper but the reality is that as #80 (the most junior) of the MIA forced transfers, my recall number would come up when 400 MIA F/As quit, retire, or transfer out.

This is clearly not happening.

We'll allow some leeway since MIA is ONLY over by 200-250 but AA is constantly having to "force" flying hours in there.

My proposal is that since we are not eligible to recall for IMA (a separate domicile), that there will be a total lockdown on MIA-D (also a separate domicile). You cannot resign from IMA to MIA while there are displaced F/A's or an overage. I once held a transfer to MIA for 2 years and 2 months. Anyone senior to me (and that is pretty much EVERYONE) could have bumped me but I held it, as did many others.

Granted, the APFA has never had to deal with this scenario before...perhaps this is why this issue has come up now.

Just my thoughts,

Coop

SLT

Hatu said:
APFA and the company have been meeting to discuss the continuing overage of Flight Attendants in the MIA Domestic base and, more specifically, the displacements that are still in effect. The overage is currently running between 200 and 250 Flight Attendants, depending upon a specific month's schedule. The company continues to force flying into MIA to take up some of the surplus. APFA has been able to reach an agreement with the company that will reinstate Flight Attendants to MIA Domestic at a ratio of one reinstatement for every five who leave MIA either through transfer or attrition. These reinstatements will be offered once a total of 10 Flight Attendants have left MIA-D. We realize this will not bring all of the displaced Flight Attendants back to MIA quickly; however we believe this is a step in the right direction.
[post="264072"][/post]​