F/a Recall

L1011Ret

Veteran
Oct 31, 2002
I'll go out on a limb and say AA will announce a recall of 500 to 600 F/As very soon, quite possibly as early as Monday.

L1011Ret said:
I'll go out on a limb and say AA will announce a recall of 500 to 600 F/As very soon, quite possibly as early as Monday.
[post="184510"][/post]​

No trying to be rude to you but, what limb did you get this 411 from?

Here is the APFA Hotline update from THB. Please read the bold type at the bottom of the message:

Hello, this is APFA President Tommie Hutto-Blake with a hotline update for Friday, Sept. 24.

Today is day 30 of my first 100 days in office and I am pleased to report to you the progress that my team and I have made during week four. You will find a posting of our total progress so far on the APFA Web site at www.apfa.org.

We met with the APA national officers this week in the first of what I hope to become tradition with all of the unions on AA's property. We strongly believe that communication between our fellow unions will be a vital component - and solidarity between the groups will only strengthen our positions with AA management. Both the leaders of APA and TWU have expressed their willingness to meet monthly and TWU will host the next meeting.

One of the first things I announced upon taking office was the "re-valuing" of our contract concessions. APFA's financial analyst joined us in a meeting with management this week to start this process. My reason behind this investigation is simple. I want to make sure that the contractual provisions/items we gave up in our concessionary agreement were given the value they merited and the AA FAs have been properly credited with these concessions. I will keep you updated on our progress.

I would also like to announce that the parties (APFA & AA) have just reached an agreement that APFA will be given a designated and private work space for you to meet with your APFA Representatives in the Flight Service/Operations area regarding any area of Contract Administration. This is a new agreement which is a work in progress so watch for more information on this HotLine.

I will close my part of the hotline with the further announcement that effective today APFA has a new tradition. As we close our weekly message, we will add the information that currently we have 20 APFA members and AA FAs who are on military leave serving active duty. This last week I received a hand written letter from one of our members on active duty in Iraq. This member asked me if I would announce each week along side the notice of our numbers regarding furloughed FAs - the number of FAs on MLOA. Thus, I will close my portion of tonite's hotline noting that currently APFA has 20 members on military leave serving active duty.

Thank you, Tom, for your fine letter. My return letter is headed your way and you will remain in my thoughts as you serve our country in the Sunni Triangle north of Baghdad. You had a fine suggestion and we all look forward to our 20 members returning home safely.

Next week I hope to announce some very exciting news concerning other APFA members. And now for the remainder of APFA's weekly briefing.

Well Hotel, the italicized print in THB's message was just a part of it. Consider several web sites have quotes from what they call reliable sources saying 500-600 very soon. The exTWA pilots attending the "schoolhouse" in DFW are reporting it on their web site. People on this web site have been expecting it. People got mad at me when I predicted DOL would force JW out by threatening APFA with legal action if they did not count the votes. But it came to pass. Consider this a hypothesis that recall will be announced next week, but I think the probability is very high. I just consider the evidence to be reliable and of high quality. We'll know soon if my tea leaves bear reading. I know some AA F/As inhabit this web site and are furloughed. I hope they are in the recall group.

L1011,

I hope the news becomes a reality too! It will be nice to see some people back to work. Besides we need all the help we can get. We're so short in BOS right now it's pathetic. I know LAX and SFO are very short too.

It is now officially confirmed. Recall of 600 on Monday. Good news for furloughees!!! Waiting to see what bases?

I heard that earlier this weerk also that by the 18th we would see 500-600 return. Sometimes there is more to a rumor than a rumor! I am thrilled for you all and for us on the line as it is hectic lately! I imagine LGA will see a big portion as always!
BTW L1011 where did you see the official news? Also where does this place the former TWAA'rs? Thanx.

It is leaking all over AA. There are 107 AA F/As to be recalled before the first TWAer. I wouldn't expect AA to recall any more before spring. If attrition remains at 80 month average, by the end of April 480 will have left just about covering my estimate of 500 returning from this recall. So at the end of April or thereabouts baring a bigger squeeze on AA profit potential by high oil prices, a terrorist attack, a fall in AA revenue causing contraction, there should be another recall. Looking beyond thirty days ahead is a crapshoot these days with oil prices subject to go either way, possible chapter 7 for USAir, UAL not coming out of C-11 or DAL going into C-11. External factors are so variable these days.

L1011Ret said:
baring a bigger squeeze on AA profit potential by high oil prices

This may be off subject a little and deserve a topic of its own, but has everyone on here contacted their representatives concerning oil prices? There is a link on Jetnet to do just that. It is plain BS that our government is not helping more with fuel prices. Foreign carriers still have everything susdized! How can we can compete! Especially when Joe Schmo will fly a different carrier for a $5-10 difference?

It is official that the union has been informed by the company that the recall announcement will be made late Monday, the 27th. The exact number and the bases open should be available then.

MK

AAstew, you really have to wonder why this is not an issue between Kerry/Bush. Any thoughts?

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
JIMNTX,

Where does this F/a recall place you ????????????

NH/BB's
[post="184775"][/post]​
If the recall is 135 f/as or more, I'm in. Thanks for the good wishes. I've been out of town all weekend with no access to a computer so this is the first I've heard.

Will let you all know when I know where we are going to be assigned--probably LGA.

Yes, if this is accurate information, CONGRATULATIONS to all those receiving recall letters! We look forward to seeing you back on the line.
This is great news!

Art Tang
MIA