1. Backfill the 73 flight attendants awarded the Separation Package effective
March, 2008;
2. Begin our preparation for summer flying (approximately 100 flight
attendants); and
3. Recall flight attendants to bases where incumbent flight attendants didn't
fill the March 2008 Transfer Posting instead of displacing to fill those
vacancies. (It's important to note, that the March 2008 Transfer Award
resulted in the actual awarding of all Transfer Requests on file as of the
closing date/time. This leaves no transfers on file for base openings.)

In looking at the numbers, one might ask "Why 216 flight attendant recalls
when items 1. and 2. above represent only 173 flight attendants?" The
additional 43 recalls represent the anticipated "no show" factor for flight
attendants accepting recall but not actually returning to the line. During
the past three recalls, approximately 25% of furloughed flight attendants
accepting recall changed their mind or didn't complete the return to work
process and thus prevented another furloughee from being able to return to the
line. By adding this factor to our recall number, we not only ensure ample
flight attendants returning to the line, but we enable more flight attendants
to return to the flight attendant ranks.

Another question one might ask is "Why February 15th instead of early March to
coincide with the effective date of the March separations?" The majority of
flight attendants on the involuntary furlough list need anywhere from 4-7 days
of training. By recalling them for an effective date of February 15th, we can
ensure they receive any needed training, as well as provide them with any
relocation days needed prior to the date they actually start flying again.

Once this recall is completed, approximately 650 flight attendants will remain
on involuntary furlough.

We look forward to welcoming these flight attendants back to the US Airways
family.

Sherri Shamblin

Another question one might ask is "Why February 15th instead of early March to
coincide with the effective date of the March separations?" The majority of
flight attendants on the involuntary furlough list need anywhere from 4-7 days
of training. By recalling them for an effective date of February 15th, we can
ensure they receive any needed training, as well as provide them with any
relocation days needed prior to the date they actually start flying again.
Amazing that they finally understand that you need to call them back and train them BEFORE you expect them to be back on the property flying.........a glimmer of hope ???(just a small one)

Anyway, GREAT news !! Welcome back to all who take the recall...just be aware that things are VERY different from when you left...

Amazing that they finally understand that you need to call them back and train them BEFORE you expect them to be back on the property flying.........a glimmer of hope ???(just a small one)

Anyway, GREAT news !! Welcome back to all who take the recall...just be aware that things are VERY different from when you left...

Yeah it does make sense. I was out 4.5 years and needed 10 days of training, and that was before the E190, Merger, and now the new Envoy training. I had to stretch it all out over three weeks due to my schedule and then that didn't include making arrangements in PHL. I finally started flying around June 21st and was still looking for a place to stay here in PHL and had to get rid of my apt in CLT and was trying to figure out what was going on. Maybe since they have openings for all bases more people will come back.

To all furloughed f/as who wish to come back: Welcome back! I hope you all like to sit because you will do a lot of it but I guess as long as you live in base and can afford to live off of $1300 you will be happy as a lark! I can't wait to see some new faces around here!

If you have any questions about what things are like now check here: Another US Aviation Thread on Recalls

Don't worry, even though things are bad we still make the best of it and somehow have fun in all this craziness. Just erase from your memory what it was like before and imagine that you are starting with a totally different airline, a low cost regional carrier (that's how we are run), and that it is nothing like the old US Airways or any of the major carriers.

Once this recall is completed, approximately 650 flight attendants will remain
on involuntary furlough.
I'll bet this number will be much smaller. How much of the list will they go through to get the 216? It's been a long time and people have moved on. But this is great news.....WELCOME BACK to those who return.

I'll bet this number will be much smaller. How much of the list will they go through to get the 216? It's been a long time and people have moved on. But this is great news.....WELCOME BACK to those who return.

They went through 900+ when I came back in June 06 just to get 200 and some didn't show up or quit soon afterwards.

How far before hiring off the street?
It's going to be a while. Once the invol list is exhausted, they must then recall all of the people who took the first buyout. Their offer was: $10000 with recall rights after all invols are recalled. But the catch is they loose all their seniority and come back at the bottom of the list and payscale.

It's going to be a while. Once the invol list is exhausted, they must then recall all of the people who took the first buyout. Their offer was: $10000 with recall rights after all invols are recalled. But the catch is they loose all their seniority and come back at the bottom of the list and payscale.
And I can only envision FAX machines literally burning up with the multitudes of people beating down the door to come back to work here. This airline is NOTHING what it was when most of those people took the buyout.........and several I have encountered on flights say it sickens them to see what the Current US represents. This Company is in need of a Management Team that has a CLUE.........the Clowns in Tempe give a Clown a bad rep.

Although I always enjoy seeing f/as come back........ They are NOT needed. I do welcome you though..nothing personal!!

We are so damn overstaffed it isn't even funny!!!

From the union:

There are some other factors to consider when looking at the recall number. The Company's decision to close the PIT domicile led to the displacement of 314 active PIT Flight Attendants. Without the March transfer bid, additional displacements would have been necessary to balance the bases as a result of the PIT displacements. Additionally, the remainder of the 133 Flight Attendants who accepted a Separation Package award (60 Flight Attendants) will be leaving the workforce in April and June.

Once the recall list is complete and training dates are established, the Company will make the decision as to whether or not recalled Flight Attendants who complete training in February will be made available (AVL) for the balance of the February Bid Month.

If you are currently on Involuntary Furlough Status you will receive a recall notice. It is vitally important to return the necessary forms to the Company. Even if you plan to 'pass' the recall offer, failure to return the necessary documentation may result in your being removed from the seniority list and separated from the Company.

If you have any questions about the recall/training process or need to update your address please contact either Rick Carpenter or Mark Stelzer.

You may also contact your local AFA office with any questions or concerns.

Although I always enjoy seeing f/as come back........ They are NOT needed. I do welcome you though..nothing personal!!

We are so damn overstaffed it isn't even funny!!!

I have to agree. I have friends that are getting around 35 hours a month. Sorry but there should be no recalls when you have a few hundred not making their time. The days of reserves getting 90 hours without even working on their days off are long gone. Hell, who can remember calling scheduling to "time out" Boy those were the days! :up:

Actually, the letter should have said:
We are excited to have another recall for furlough flight attendants. Youll be sad to know that current reserves are no where close to making their time and haven't for months. The good news is they might be getting closer to making their time as the summer approaches but the bad news is we need a few more hundred reserves to sit and not make their time. Youll be happy to know that this is where you come in! This news should not only make you feel important, but proud! You should be excited of this recall and for once again being apart of Usairways.

Ok, sorry couldn't help it! :rolleyes:

Actually there are many groups of Flight Attendants that are on furlough from US Airways

There are 8 group of Flight Attendants that are on "Voluntary Furlough" VF1 thru VF6 these flight attendants are to be recalled once the duration of there leave is over or the company has exhausted all involuntary furloughees. Plus there are Involuntary Furloughed US Airways Flight Attendants that went to work for America West that are currently based in PHX that may be able to exercise their rights and come back to the East Coast at their old Seniority, if they are in the 200. America West could be short flight attendants if these flight attendants return back East. The VF1 thru VF8 flight attendants remain on Furlough until their leave is over or there is no one junior to them on the recall list. Once that happens these flight attendants must accept recall or they will be separated from the company "LOST OF TRAVEL BENEFITS" and "Lost of Seniority". THE VFLR(Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall are the last flight attendants to be call back and they are Literrally "New Hires" no Seniority and no Longevity you will never see these flight attendants again.

Here are the groups:

1. Probationary Flight Attendants that the company fired after 9/11 (then changed their status to Involuntary Furloughed)
2. Involuntary Furloughed Flight Attendants
3. Involuntary Furloughed Flight Attendants that went to Mid Atlantic
4. Mid Atlantic Flight Attendants put back on Involuntary Furloughe Status (most of these FA's are back on line)
5. Involuntary Furloughed Flight Attendants who went to work at America West
6. Voluntary Furloughed Flight Attendants VF1 thru VF8 (These are the Flight Attendants who Voluntary went on furlough so that flight attendants junior to them could remain active....... these Flight Attendants have Full Recall Rights the leaves vary from 6 months to 3 YEARS) Many of these FA's have been on leave since December 2001
7. Indenfinite Voluntary Furloughed offer in 2003 (these flight attendants extended the leave and now have to wait until all involuntary furloughed FAs are been offered recalled ) But Still retain Full Recall Rights and Seniority, their Longevity frooze in 2003.
8. Voluntary Furlough with Limited Recall these are the Flight Attendants who took the buy out in 2006

I have to agree. I have friends that are getting around 35 hours a month. Sorry but there should be no recalls when you have a few hundred not making their time. The days of reserves getting 90 hours without even working on their days off are long gone. Hell, who can remember calling scheduling to "time out" Boy those were the days! :up:

I'm in PHL and I got 35 hours for Nov. and 54 hours for December. I did break guarantee once this summer (notice I didn't say anything about timing out, just making it past the 73 mark), but most f/as tell me they haven't broken guarantee in 2 or 3 years. I normally fly around 40-50 hours a month. I guess it will only get worse. Welcome to the "new" US Airways!

Same story different base here in PHX... WE ARE OVERSTAFFED! Our reserves are barely making 50hrs. They are letting us call in and drop trips everyday. We just hired a ton off the street. It wouldn't make a difference if anyone left.

Dearest Shambles:

Why are we so overstaffed? Hope you had a great holiday, as we missed you serving xmas dinner again this year... you little turkey.

Hugs
Jack
xoxo