F/A retirements?

I understand overall attrition was 44 in Jan and 62 in Feb. That''s a rate of 744/yr. Let''s hope it goes much higher when the details of the concessions come out.

MK

In DC They have had a few retirements announced recently. Usually they gat 1 a year. I really think it finally hit, the f#%@!g glamour is really gone! LOL

I hope older members of all workgroups take a long, hard look at retirement in the next few weeks. Not only would it eliminate some of the elderly stews, it would also have the added benefit of saving AA even more dollars as the older, topped out workers hang it up.

Make room for the younger, perhaps less bitter, employees.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 12:51:11 PM FA Mikey wrote:

In our work group you are topped out in your 15th year. So anyone beyond that point is basically making the same pay.

----------------​
True. But since it''s obvious that more furloughs are on the way (look for AA to shrink some more), massive retirements would be good for the bottom line since furloughs generally come from the bottom and retirement of elderly generally come from the top. In fact, if the top half retired this year, they could be replaced with those currently on furlough and by some new hires (at the cheapest wages).

Anyone who has the ability to retire now and doesn''t would be crazy. Especially since it''s based on your pay and that seems to be going down quite a bit soon.

The only hope for ex-TWAers like me is attrition and an improving economy when the war is over. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

MK