F/A Staffing

iwantout

Advanced
Nov 16, 2005
While looking over my CBS today I noticed that they were offering TDY from PHL to DCA for the entire month of March. Am I missing something here? They post transfers into DCA for March and there are no transfers into DCA for April. This would indicated that with the march transfer bid, staffing would be a suitable level, otherwise there would be transfer openings into DCA for April. Why in the Hell are they spending all that money to send people on TDY for the entire month. If staffing was short after the March bid to the point where they need to put TDY f/'s there for the entire month of March, why would they not post transfers openings there for April. Yet another briliant decision by PK who proves time after time that he has no idea on how to properly staff our bases. I have not gotten my time in as reserve since last summer. We now have over 300 more f/a's in PHL after the base closing, less flying with the 757 pull out but yet we need 20 more people in PHL for April. I would like to see PK try to squeeze out a living on minimum guarantee but yet he continues to do nothing to help up us. Why nobody holds him accontable for his imeptness is beyond me. Oh wait, this is US Airways, nobody in management is held accountable for their inemptness, only I am held accountable for a no contact or a late check in.

Iwantout, just leave! its not your job to understand how staffing works...just be a f/a(period)
Oh excuse me for not wanting to pour yet more money down the drain, money that could be applied to my profit shaing check next year.

Friendly reminder--

Hot Nuts, personal snipes are not permitted.

Vent your anger elsewhere.

Hot Nuts may actually be the issue with Hot Nuts. :shock:

Poor dear. ;)

Some people really know how to cool off! 122658.jpg

A former flight attendant and file clerk in Crystal City that has finagled his way through every Director and VP of Inflight since Nigel Adams and Sherry Groff. How on earth he got promoted to his current position is beyond description. Boot lickers and brown nosers take note. THAT is how you do it!

Staffing seems to be like that in all departments. We have been told we now have an ADDITIONAL 5 part time positions that they will be interviewing for, yet they cut our many part timers already here down to 4 hours a day. WTF?

I tried to find the thread regarding June Recalls, but could not find it. Sooooooooooo, flight attendant staffing is close enough.....

Those of you still out on furlough that just received a recall letter for June........ When is the deadline for you to respond and/or make a decision.

I tried to find the thread regarding June Recalls, but could not find it. Sooooooooooo, flight attendant staffing is close enough.....

Those of you still out on furlough that just received a recall letter for June........ When is the deadline for you to respond and/or make a decision.

Its actually for April 15. Deadline is Mar 19